50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: K-3 Renewal

I need someone's expertise. Here is the situation.

My brother-in-law is a Pakistani national. My sister is a US citizen. She applied for his I-130 in 2002 and then applied for his K-3 using the I-129F. The K3 was approved and he arrived in the US in April of 2003. His I-130 is still pending due to background checks. He wanted to go and visit home so they applied for an extension of the K-3 using the I-539 form in December of 2004. The application was approved and his K-3 was renewed for 2 additional years. He didn't receive a new visa though, he was given a letter of approval and a new I-94. When he left to visit Pakistan last month in August, his I-94 was taken when he was leaving, which I believe is normal. While in Pakistan, he contacted the US embassy in Islamabad and asked if they would issue him a new visa showing the date of extension. They told them that they do not re-issue the visa and that the letter of extension was good enough. After a 30 day stay, he with his wife and child proceeded to return to the US via Emirates airlines. He had no problem leaving Pakistan. His flight stopped in Dubai, U.A.E. He proceeded to change his flight at the aairport which was to land at JFK Airport in NY. Airport security in Dubai told them that his visa is no longer valid and that he would need to rertun to Pakistan. He showed them the letter of extension that the USCIS sent him and they said that was not good enough and that he would need to return to the US Embassy and have his passport stamped that the visa was extended. He returned to Islamabad, Pakistan and the US embassy there said that tey do not stamp the passport for extensions. From my knowledge, I believe his passport gets stamped at the Port of Entry when you enter the US and the length of allowed stay is shown there. Now the embassy says they can't stamp his passport and airport will not let him board the flight destined for the US. Anyone have any idea what he should do and what the procedure of the K-3 extension is?

I need someone's expertise. Here is the situation.

My brother-in-law is a Pakistani national. My sister is a US citizen. She applied for his I-130 in 2002 and then applied for his K-3 using the I-129F. The K3 was approved and he arrived in the US in April of 2003. His I-130 is still pending due to background checks. He wanted to go and visit home so they applied for an extension of the K-3 using the I-539 form in December of 2004. The application was approved and his K-3 was renewed for 2 additional years. He didn't receive a new visa though, he was given a letter of approval and a new I-94. When he left to visit Pakistan last month in August, his I-94 was taken when he was leaving, which I believe is normal. While in Pakistan, he contacted the US embassy in Islamabad and asked if they would issue him a new visa showing the date of extension. They told them that they do not re-issue the visa and that the letter of extension was good enough. After a 30 day stay, he with his wife and child proceeded to return to the US via Emirates airlines. He had no problem leaving Pakistan. His flight stopped in Dubai, U.A.E. He proceeded to change his flight at the aairport which was to land at JFK Airport in NY. Airport security in Dubai told them that his visa is no longer valid and that he would need to rertun to Pakistan. He showed them the letter of extension that the USCIS sent him and they said that was not good enough and that he would need to return to the US Embassy and have his passport stamped that the visa was extended. He returned to Islamabad, Pakistan and the US embassy there said that tey do not stamp the passport for extensions. From my knowledge, I believe his passport gets stamped at the Port of Entry when you enter the US and the length of allowed stay is shown there. Now the embassy says they can't stamp his passport and airport will not let him board the flight destined for the US. Anyone have any idea what he should do and what the procedure of the K-3 extension is?

He should have come via PIA and any other airline. Arabs are idot. He can travel from Pakistan via PIA to NY direct flight.

Why will the airport not let him board?

Arabs are no brainer. As he already boarded from Pakistan, let him take direct flight to New York from Pakistan and he should be fine.