50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Remove Condition

My priority date on application to remove condition off my green card based on marriage is June 2, 2008. The service center that has my file is processing for Jan 2, 2008 (which actually went backwards two weeks from last month, which confuses me). I was checking my case status on-line and it said:

On August 28, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thats the same date my two year conditional green card was set to expire. Does that mean they have approved my case? Why would they have to order a new card? I got a letter saying my condition is extended for a year until they wait my turn to look at the case. So i am a bit confused about this. Will i get a green card thats valid of a year, and then a 10 year once the case is approved? Anyone with this experience please comment. Thanks.

My priority date on application to remove condition off my green card based on marriage is June 2, 2008. The service center that has my file is processing for Jan 2, 2008 (which actually went backwards two weeks from last month, which confuses me). I was checking my case status on-line and it said:

On August 28, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thats the same date my two year conditional green card was set to expire. Does that mean they have approved my case? Why would they have to order a new card? I got a letter saying my condition is extended for a year until they wait my turn to look at the case. So i am a bit confused about this. Will i get a green card thats valid of a year, and then a 10 year once the case is approved? Anyone with this experience please comment. Thanks.

...don't stress too much, Antivirus, it's almost time for you to file for divorce.

What was the date of the letter telling you that you got the extension? Was it before they told you that your card was in production? As far as i am reading your case was approved and your new card is being sent to you. It looks like the extension letter was sent while your case was pending,they did not know when it will be ready so they gave you the extension in case you needed to travel before it was ready, do not be confused you are okay.

i got the letter a month after i applied which would be july. and i saw this case status yesterday. whats confusing me is that the processing time on the internet says they are looking at cases on Jan 2, 2008, which is 6 months before my priority date, so how come it would get approved this fast, just curious. if it is approved, i am glad, but just wondering what the issue is. thanks ren for your response.

Do not be alarmed there are times wen the information given on processing times are wrong, it happened to me once. the most important thing is your card is being processed, I am so happy for you, just sit tight and wait for it to arrive.