50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Moving to the US from the UK

My Husband lives in the USA, he has a proffesional joband meets all the requirements for being able to support us. We have been seeing each other for over 2 years and been married since last August. Up until now we have flown to each other every 6 weeks. I am wanting to move there with my 3 young children. We have filled a I-130 form and my husband recieved a I-797C/ notice of action. What we are trying to find out is what happens now, how long it will take to process, and if there are any other applications we should make? Also what happens once we recieve (hopefully)the approvad i-130. can I then move to the US or do I need to do more? Please help. We are finding living apart so hard.

My Husband lives in the USA, he has a proffesional joband meets all the requirements for being able to support us. We have been seeing each other for over 2 years and been married since last August. Up until now we have flown to each other every 6 weeks. I am wanting to move there with my 3 young children. We have filled a I-130 form and my husband recieved a I-797C/ notice of action. What we are trying to find out is what happens now, how long it will take to process, and if there are any other applications we should make? Also what happens once we recieve (hopefully)the approvad i-130. can I then move to the US or do I need to do more? Please help. We are finding living apart so hard.

It takes about 1 year from date of filing, provided that you included everything that the I130 required. Any requests from USCIS for missing documents or info will delay it.

And then what happens? Can I move to the US or do i need to apply for something else? Is there anyway I can move there before this is complete so that we can be together?

Once the I-130 is approved, then the USCIS notifies the National Visa Center which in turn notifies the American Embassy in London, which will advise you that it is time to fill out the immigrant visa application. After the application is approved, then they issue you an immigrant visa. Total time is 1 year for all aspects of the application assuming no complicaitons.