50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Age out during Admin processing

May I have information and advise about Admin Processing Cases. My Case is with Islamabad Embassy for IV from the last two years. My Children have crossed age limit of 21 years now. Visa Interview time they were under 21 years old. I have paid visa fee & submitted medical as per Advise by the Visa authority.
    Still the cvase ios under admin processing. I would like to know that my children will be provided Immigeration visa or not. My visa Categeory is F-4.
    Appreciate advise .

May I have information and advise about Admin Processing Cases. My Case is with Islamabad Embassy for IV from the last two years. My Children have crossed age limit of 21 years now. Visa Interview time they were under 21 years old. I have paid visa fee & submitted medical as per Advise by the Visa authority.
    Still the cvase ios under admin processing. I would like to know that my children will be provided Immigeration visa or not. My visa Categeory is F-4.
    Appreciate advise .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">May I have information and advise about Admin Processing Cases. My Case is with Islamabad Embassy for </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you ever tried to inform the embassy about this issue in last two years while you were in administrative processing. did anyone in your family cleared the Administrative processing ( usually male applicant get stuck in Administrative processing while wife and daughter recieve in the visa in few months )

Hi oytte,

if I am interpreting CSPA correctly, your children don't even need CSPA coverage. The petition was approved, PD became current and they had interview before they reached 21. The CSPA is to help those who turn 21 before PD becomes current, to determine if they still can be seen as children to continue the process. I understand that your children were under 21 at that time...so they should be allowed to continue the process and get visas.

Well, that's my interpretation and I can see that, with a long AP, one can get confused... and I don't mean only you. It may well be that somebody at the consulate will see their age when AP is approved and say... oops, they are over 21. So, I suggest you get a lawyer's opinion and do some research on your own to be prepared in case that happens.

And as SamKhan suggested, try to contact the consulate... Maybe they can give you a written answer

I usually contact Islamabad Embassy about AP alternate month. The response is standard that it is under admin processing.

My sister got visa along with her kids they were under 16 and her husband got it after 5 months.

My Visa case is under Admin Processing from the last 26 months now. Now choice but to wait.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Associate Member </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    contact department of state, they should be able to tell you the current picture. hope you will get the info from them, their number is (202)-663-1225