free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Question about AP people who received/applied for Advance Parole

Hi Friends,
    As always thank you so much for reading my posting here. Just had a quick question. I sent my AP (Advance Parole) forms on Feb 09 2005 and till today no news. No receipt nor NO notice of action letter yet. Now as far as I know when I apply for my EAD (work permits) they always send me a notice letter to tell me that they have received my application but in case of my AP no news yet. I just want to know if they got my forms and cashed my money order. My question is do they send a receipt letter for AP? Or is it that they just send us AP directly when approved? Friends once again thank you so much for reading and for your help.

Raju
    Ps I live in Philly and I sent the forms to Chicago.

Hi Friends,
    As always thank you so much for reading my posting here. Just had a quick question. I sent my AP (Advance Parole) forms on Feb 09 2005 and till today no news. No receipt nor NO notice of action letter yet. Now as far as I know when I apply for my EAD (work permits) they always send me a notice letter to tell me that they have received my application but in case of my AP no news yet. I just want to know if they got my forms and cashed my money order. My question is do they send a receipt letter for AP? Or is it that they just send us AP directly when approved? Friends once again thank you so much for reading and for your help.

Raju
    Ps I live in Philly and I sent the forms to Chicago.

Yes, they usually send a NOA for AP. If you file with the new Chicago lockbox, they will send a NOA.

Hi sphyrapicus3,
    Thank you so much for your response. So till when do I wait for the NOA I mean I sent my forms on Feb 09 2005 and still no receipt yet. I guess I will wait a week more then what do you suggest I do? I don't even know if they got my application. I sent my forms to the address below I hope that is correct.
    Raju.
    USCIS
    P.O.Box - 805887
    Chicago IL- 60680-4120

You didn't send it return receipt or delivery confirmation, etc? Check to see if the checks have cashed. That's another way to prove they got the package.

Hi Sphyrapicus3,
    Thank you for reading again. Well I called the money order company and NO the check has NOT been cashed. Now this thing is really worrying me. Question is if the address is right and USCIS did not get my application where did my papers go? Did the post office loose it? Then how come the package has not been returned to me yet? I am so worried now it has so much of my personal information in the package. I came to the US in 98 and till today I have corresponded with USCIS for more then a dozen times and NEVER I had a problem like this. The other problem I am facing is do I send a new application with all the new documents? What if the USCIS finally gets my first application and then again my new application if I send again. I will wait for 2 weeks more and I guess then I will have to send new application I don't think I have a choice after all I need AP. From all the time I have done business with USCIS I have never done a return receipt or delivery confirmation thing cause from 98 I have heard INS does not like certified mail as it is all p o box address. What do you think I should do now?

Raju

Hi Friends,
    Finally I got my NOA (Notice of action) for my Advance Parole today. I mailed USCIS on Feb 9th 2005 they received it on Feb13th and the notice date was Mar 04 (that was a long wait) anyway I am happy they got it and not a identity thief as I was getting worried. Anyway thanks for your support friends. You guys are great. Okay my EAD (work permit) expires on 09/19/05.when do you guys think I can apply for a new one considering it takes so much time these days. Don't want to apply very soon since I have heard they reject saying you applied to early or sometimes they send you the same card a person has right now. Is it true? Once again thank you so much friends.

Raju

It took more than a month to get the receipt for travel permit for me . I had sent my AP application on December 10 2004. I got the receipt on January 15th 2004 that they have received my application with receipt date of Jan 13th 2005. I guess, they dont touch their mail for @ a month or so. However, my AP has been approved as of March 3 and I am waiting for it in the mail.