50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Complicated situation about I-129f

I am married to USC. I left the States last year with the 2-year forreign residence requirement. My husband filed I-130 and I-129f , the last one has been approved this week. I've read about this form and I understand it's valid for 4 months. I still have to be in my country for another year.

What can I do if the validity of the form expires before I can apply for K3? Do we have to file again for I-129f? Is there a way to extend the validity? I hope so. If not, I'm gonna go crazy)

Please help me with this, I'm not only confused now, I'm totally lost.

I am married to USC. I left the States last year with the 2-year forreign residence requirement. My husband filed I-130 and I-129f , the last one has been approved this week. I've read about this form and I understand it's valid for 4 months. I still have to be in my country for another year.

What can I do if the validity of the form expires before I can apply for K3? Do we have to file again for I-129f? Is there a way to extend the validity? I hope so. If not, I'm gonna go crazy)

Please help me with this, I'm not only confused now, I'm totally lost.

Hi,

Join the club. I am in the same situation as you. I am a USC married to a non-citizen. She also had to return to serve her 2 years. She could not get a waiver, so I am assuming you can't either.

I can't specifically answer your question yet, since I have reuested an answer to that exact same problem, regarding a k-3 we applied for, and have yet to get a response from the embassy I wrote to. The information and help on such things by the US government is atrocious.

However, I am responding to you, to at least give you an idea to do something you may not thought of. Even if you can not get a k-1 or k-3, you can STILL apply for and get a b-2 tourist visa, so at least while you are seperated, you can still see your spouse.

It may be difficult, since your married, but it CAN be done......I know...because that is what we did.

So you can try that. That seems to be the only way to see each other, if you can't get a waiver.

Thanks a lot, Achi. It seems I'm not the only one in this situation. I had no idea that I can get a B2 visa, I've asked some immigration officers at the embassy in my country and they told me that once I've applied for an immigrant visa, like K3, they won't grant me a visitor visa.

Well, I'll see what we can do. I found out though that the I-129f can be revalidated, so I guess we'll do that and I'll wait for my 2 years to pass.

If your wife came back to the States on a B2, doesn't she have to go back to her country to complete the 2 years? I'm kinda confused about this.Or is she travelling to see you, then go back and so on?

I have to thank God for my nice husband, he's so understanding, he came to Romania and he made it for 6 months, that was a challenge for him.)) , bless his heart.