free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview Based on Father's Petition

Hello All, I have been in the states for over 20 years now. My father becamce a citizen and I filed a petition for my GC based on my father.

Our petition became current about 4 months ago, at which my daughter was 23 and she holds her age presently. We filed our paper work, and both received our EAD.

We just got a letter from USCIS that we have an initial interview in March. I have heard about the process of interview if your GC is based on a marriage to a US Citizen, but am not sure what they going to interview me for a petition based on my father. My daughter also has an interview on the same day but its 45 mins aftermine.

We have always been concerned about my daughter being aged out, but at the time of our priority date my daughter was 16/17 years old. My lawyer said its a good sign that they approved her EAD, but doesnt garanttee approval of the case.

I was wondering what are the possibilities at the interview and what happens afterwards if each possibility? What if they apporve the case. What happens then? Do I get my GC, if so, when? Does my daughter get the same? Any/all respones will be greatly appreciated.

Hello All, I have been in the states for over 20 years now. My father becamce a citizen and I filed a petition for my GC based on my father.

Our petition became current about 4 months ago, at which my daughter was 23 and she holds her age presently. We filed our paper work, and both received our EAD.

We just got a letter from USCIS that we have an initial interview in March. I have heard about the process of interview if your GC is based on a marriage to a US Citizen, but am not sure what they going to interview me for a petition based on my father. My daughter also has an interview on the same day but its 45 mins aftermine.

We have always been concerned about my daughter being aged out, but at the time of our priority date my daughter was 16/17 years old. My lawyer said its a good sign that they approved her EAD, but doesnt garanttee approval of the case.

I was wondering what are the possibilities at the interview and what happens afterwards if each possibility? What if they apporve the case. What happens then? Do I get my GC, if so, when? Does my daughter get the same? Any/all respones will be greatly appreciated.

can anyone post their experience?

Congrats antivirus, after 20 yrs u r waiting for ur green card interview. You are one of the lucky once, who had some other ways to reach ur destination. Good luck on ur interview and ur daughter's too.

thanks pearl. it has been a long wait for my family and I, and we have sacrificed alot but i am sure it will be worth the wait.

do you know what kind of things we are going to be asked duriing the interview, and when they give you your results? i know for a marriage based interview, they give their desicion on the spot, is it the same here?

Thanks again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    We have always been concerned about my daughter being aged out, but at the time of our priority date my daughter was 16/17 years old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For how long was I-130 pending (approval date - submission date) ? years + months

Exactly how was your daughter when PD became current?

my daughter is and was 23 the priority date became current, which was about 4 months ago. i am not sure how long the I-130 was pending. I know that it had been a good 3-4 years we had to wait for our priority date to be current. i dont know if thats the same you are asking.

do you have any info about the interview, outcomes, results, etc? we are very curious about that.

thanks.

yeah.. that's what I tried to ask..

Daughter's age for immigration purpose has to be under 21 for her to qulify for benefits (GC). It is calculated:
    Age when PD current 23 y -(minus) time I-130 pending 3 y = 20 y which is less than 21

Find out I-130 approval date and do the exact math.

Don't know much about the interview... what I hear is that it is mostly about checking petitions, other papers (affidavit) and asking standard questions (have you been arested...)

no arrest. i am just wondering about the interview and results. please let me know if you do hear or know where i can find it.

anyone who had heard or had, themselves, any experience with this, can you post your comment? Thanks.