free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: traffic vioaltion over $500

Hello,

As I was filling the I-485, I noted that the question about ever been arrested, cited, fined, etc for breaking any law excludes traffic violations.

However there is a note in the instructions (not the form itself) that says (quoted):

"NOTE that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license."

I had a traffic violation many years ago for driving a borrowed car and stopped for speeding, the car did not have registration nor insurance. I was not arrested just cited, then I pleaded non contest and paid a fine of around 1,600, and some community service to avoid points in the license.

I don't know it this is supposed to be included somewhere in my AOS case (I-485, I-140 & I-765) filling concurrently.

Thank you all.

Hello,

As I was filling the I-485, I noted that the question about ever been arrested, cited, fined, etc for breaking any law excludes traffic violations.

However there is a note in the instructions (not the form itself) that says (quoted):

"NOTE that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license."

I had a traffic violation many years ago for driving a borrowed car and stopped for speeding, the car did not have registration nor insurance. I was not arrested just cited, then I pleaded non contest and paid a fine of around 1,600, and some community service to avoid points in the license.

I don't know it this is supposed to be included somewhere in my AOS case (I-485, I-140 & I-765) filling concurrently.

Thank you all.

In that case, how should it be disclosed, an explanation in a different sheet or a paper from the traffic court?

NO,
    you do not have to mention it.

Immigration does not care about traffic violations PERIOD, Unless U have been arrested aka dui cases and drug cases.
    I mean the question even mentions that.

U can have a car accident and for not having insurance in some states the fine can go up to 2 grand....u still however do not need to mention that.

Its not the fine...its the actuall violation immigration cares for,such as dui,arrest and drug charges etc.

Read the question again its clear :
    " NOTE that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents "

Thanks!

I think I have been a little overworried

The last person u want to read here is HBKHBK.

Read the question and answer accordingly.

Alcohol or drug related incident, arrest, or fine above $500 = disclose the relevant information.
    None of the above applies = no need to disclose.

Simple as that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JF2007:
    The last person u want to read here is HBKHBK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    nice comment from a "frequent" member...bottom line,anyone can pull here anyone past comments and realize,who is often right here and gives here usually useful/helpful information.

So leave your opinion at home!!!

lol. there is no problem with the charge and any consequences re: imm. I always tell clients to disclose all citations, officers appreciate that. At least at this jurisdiction.