publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 6 month after interview still no signs from the INS!!

We went to the AOS interview of my wife in January and because of an error in filling our previous year income tax(it was filled as separate instead of joint) we were asked by the officer to amend it to reflect a joint filling.We did it and sent the INS a copy of the document but since then no word from them.I contacted my congressman office and they e-mail the INS but their answer that they are still reviewing the file.Was anyone in a situation like this?Can you give some advises on how to proceed??

We went to the AOS interview of my wife in January and because of an error in filling our previous year income tax(it was filled as separate instead of joint) we were asked by the officer to amend it to reflect a joint filling.We did it and sent the INS a copy of the document but since then no word from them.I contacted my congressman office and they e-mail the INS but their answer that they are still reviewing the file.Was anyone in a situation like this?Can you give some advises on how to proceed??

I've noticed that, every time someone has had to send something in, it takes them longer to process the whole thing.

Sit tight and be patient, you'll get your answer!

my dtr mailed in additonal info (I20) for a student visa. That was Feb 11,2002. Up till today Aug 5,2002, still no news from INS.
    Can she file AOS while F-1 still pending?

I filed i-485 for my wife who came to us on K-1 fiance visa. the Phialdelphia INS office asked for additional tax returns and w-2. we sent them in within 30 days. INS confirmed recipt. This was in Oct 2000...still no word from INS! I visited and called INS no use..I hired an attorney..no use I called my congressman no use....all we can do is sit tight and hope that they look at the file within this century!!

Yes, we originally applied for the I485 package back in April 2001. Had our interview in February and thought WOW, getting to the end of the tunnel *NOT*

They needed my husbands divorce decree (like we were gonna do this without that) our 2002 tax returns (escapes me) and a police clearance for me from home (why did they wait till the last interview to ask for this is beyond me).

That was 6 months ago. I have been here for over 2 years and would like to go home to see my family, but short of someone being on their death bed, application for *advance parole* is not really feasible.

I sometimes feel like just tossing in the towel and saying :INS, you win!!:

Patience is a virtue i seem to have in short supply

OK, whining done heh

Sounds more like IN SS than INS (Remeber the SS from WWII)

Sorry to hear your stories, galls and guys!
    Mine was similar way back 10+ years ago (I think they just want to ensure that short-lived marriages or even fake ones will not endure the procedure so that the alien will not be rewarded with a residency if the marriage was based on such motives).

I came originally with a k-1, we married/adjusted/went to the "removal of condtion" interviews properly, and when my conditional card expired, it took like 3 yrs. for the 10 yr. card to arrive (after a lot of pressure from my active duty's commanding officer, a branch of the military that worked very closely with the INS in that state...).

I just recently got a copy of my INS files (freedom of information) and it shows there (just like on the LPR card) when it was finally adjusted (right after the first interview), but they intentially don't sent to you the card, I believe to ensure the beforementioned obstacles.

Good luck to ya'll, love!