50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 & I129f

i recently overstayed a I-94 due to a 'lost form' by the INS, i am married to a US citizen and we went for a holiday to my home country and i was refused at the port of entry, we filed the I-130 at Texas and were advised to I-129f so that i could get a non immigrant visa, through thr life act so that my family can be reunited, we recieved receipt notices from both our forms and the I-130 we knew would take over a year, but the 129f said 60-180days, but on contact with the number we were given it said 15-21days, i have been in the UK now 4 months and are beginning to wonder whether my family will ever be reunited, neither of us are taking this separation too well,and we are beginning to wonder whether i will ever get back to the US, we contacted a lawyer who said i should have not been turned away to start with, the guy who turned me away was obviously having a bad day, can someone please tell me how long i will have to wait, we have contacted congress to try and get some help, but are unable to get any number to contact the chicago office where i filed the i-129f, they said write to them, but you know how it is, another letter that just gets put aside, someone please help

i recently overstayed a I-94 due to a 'lost form' by the INS, i am married to a US citizen and we went for a holiday to my home country and i was refused at the port of entry, we filed the I-130 at Texas and were advised to I-129f so that i could get a non immigrant visa, through thr life act so that my family can be reunited, we recieved receipt notices from both our forms and the I-130 we knew would take over a year, but the 129f said 60-180days, but on contact with the number we were given it said 15-21days, i have been in the UK now 4 months and are beginning to wonder whether my family will ever be reunited, neither of us are taking this separation too well,and we are beginning to wonder whether i will ever get back to the US, we contacted a lawyer who said i should have not been turned away to start with, the guy who turned me away was obviously having a bad day, can someone please tell me how long i will have to wait, we have contacted congress to try and get some help, but are unable to get any number to contact the chicago office where i filed the i-129f, they said write to them, but you know how it is, another letter that just gets put aside, someone please help

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. HE ALSO OVERSTAYED AND IS LIVING IN ENGLAND. WE'VE FILED THE SAME PAPERWORK AND ARE STILL WAITING TOO. INS IS LIKE THAT, IT'S ALL A WAITING GAME. I THINK THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE SOMETIMES FORGET THE PAPERWORK SITTING ON THEIR DESK FOR TWO WEEKS IS NOT JUST "PAPERWORK", IT'S SOMEONES LIFE. ALL I CAN REALLY SAY IS BE PATIENT. I KNOW IT'S HARD BEING AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY, I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR TWO YEARS. HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL SPEED UP AND YOU AND I BOTH WILL HEAR SOMETHING SOON.

Hello,

I would suggest that you have your other half, here in the US, go to the nearest INS office with the SRC receipts and speak to an IIO, whom can check the system for you and let you know what the status is on your cases. Good Luck to you !!!

Hi DH,

I think the INS had every right to turn you away. They told me NOT to leave the country at all until I filed the paperwork.
    I would look into it some more and consult another lawyer.
    Just because you are married to a USC doesn't mean you can enter the US, you need a visa. That's why it's a lot easier for people to get married here in the US instead of wherever and then bring their spouses back.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you will be reunited with your loved one real soon.