free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: please help

My husband and I have the interview for his peermanent residency for February 6, 2008 at Garden City. We have booked tickets to travel on February 21 just two weeks after the interview. How likely is it that he will get the I515 stamp the day of his interview...What can we do to get the interviewer to stamp his Passport. If they dont stamp his passport is there anything we can do in order to keep our trip>?<

My husband and I have the interview for his peermanent residency for February 6, 2008 at Garden City. We have booked tickets to travel on February 21 just two weeks after the interview. How likely is it that he will get the I515 stamp the day of his interview...What can we do to get the interviewer to stamp his Passport. If they dont stamp his passport is there anything we can do in order to keep our trip&gt;?&lt;

what tips can you give me for the interview?

Hello Knicks 4dee

the only tip you need is to be honest and have original documents with you as the IO may request them. If your relationship is sincere, there is no worry about what may be asked. Lots of stories at visajourney.com to review.

If the namecheck is complete... then he will get the stamp. tell the interviewer that you have a trip planned on the 21st. Advanced parole i-131 approval may be your only option if you are not able to secure a stamp at the interview. Read instructions on i-131 as it does not come with a guarantee to re-enter the country with a pending i-485.

lets hope 4the best and that namecheck and everything is complete at your interview. then it is not a problem.

Best wishes

Make sure you take all the requested documents and more even if they did not requested it. I hope everything goes well for you guys. Good Luck. God Bless AMERICA......

hi knicks4dee ,,Advance Parole is a document that allows certain aliens to re-enter the United States without an immigrant visa or non-immigrant visa after traveling abroad. Such aliens must be granted Advance Parole before leaving the United States. If they have not obtained Advance Parole prior to traveling abroad, they may not be permitted to re-enter the United States upon their return without obtaining some kind of visa.

There are two main functions of an Advance Parole: 1) It enables an alien to come back to the U.S. after traveling abroad without having to obtain a visa to enter the U.S., 2) It preserves the pending Adjustment of Status or certain protected status that the alien has filed. Indeed, if an alien files for Adjustment of Status and then enters the U.S, on a visa instead of an Advanced Parole, the pending I-485 or a protected status may be considered as abandoned...but as 4now said ..if u have an i-485 pending,,dont leave the country,,bcoz they may denied ur entery even if u have an advance parole . good luck

Was your husband out of status when you got married.. and or is he out of status now. visa expired etc?

If his visa is expired. dont even consider it.

as I told you .. discuss it with the I/o that will be interviewing you as to what his best suggestion /solution will be.

My wife is about 90 days into her I-485 application and we need to go back to China in May for family and estate planning stuff. We had planned to mail in the I-131 for advance parole tomorrow, expecting it to be issued in around 90 more days. What's the likelihood of her I-485 being considered abandoned if we just go to China for three weeks in May WITH advance parole? I'm a little concerned about this. Is there any surefire way to leave and be positive she can get back in? She has an H1 now and would be expected to return to work.