publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: N400 application when non-citizen spouse and child are abroad and never been in US

I am an LPR and got married a year ago abroad and just had a baby abroad and they have never been to USA. I am about to file N400 and the document checklist says as below. I dont have any evidence of the type wanted below since there is no court order to provide financial support. We are not separated but she is there because I-130 will take a long time to process for spouses of LPR's and we just got married recently(not a legal separation but temporary physical separation only ). From your experience, can you kindly let me know if the below is only for legally separated spouses where there is a court order to provide support. Any help is very appreciated.

----------------Below is from Document Checklist for N-400------------

If you have a dependent spouse or children who do not live with you, send:

Any court or government order to provide financial support; and
    Evidence of your financial support (including evidence that you have complied with any court or government order), such as:
    Cancelled checks,
    Money and receipts,
    A court or agency printout of child support payments,
    Evidence of wage garnishments,
    A letter from the parent or guardian who cares for your children.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much.

I am an LPR and got married a year ago abroad and just had a baby abroad and they have never been to USA. I am about to file N400 and the document checklist says as below. I dont have any evidence of the type wanted below since there is no court order to provide financial support. We are not separated but she is there because I-130 will take a long time to process for spouses of LPR's and we just got married recently(not a legal separation but temporary physical separation only ). From your experience, can you kindly let me know if the below is only for legally separated spouses where there is a court order to provide support. Any help is very appreciated.

Evidence of your financial support (including evidence that you have complied with any court or government order), such as:
    Cancelled checks,
    Money and receipts,

Thank you very much.

Your marriage certificate
    Child's birth certificate with name of mother or father or both (different countries use different stype).

WHERE???? Should not matter! Yet It does!!!

Many already know!!! Speak more!!!! it does matter!!!

Your id for instance? It Shows multiple attempts elsewhere. If many were to investigate??? what would show??? a Jumper??? Hitting up Every Immigration Related board???

legitimate questions you posted!
    Accurate!!! Know more Than You share????
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Hi, Thanks Tak and MakeitRight. MakeitRight, you confused me but I am trying to find information here as there are many knowledgeable people here. The document checklist is a bit confusing to me and I wanted to get some help from you folks.

Thanks for all the help.

That portion of checklist does not apply to you as long as your marriage is intact. Fill out your wife's information and also your kid(s) information in the form. You should have your marriage certificate and birth certificate of your kid(s) with you.

Since your family has not yet imigrated, they are living abroad.

Meaning of your concern on the checklist mean that if you are marriade and your family living is in US but living away from you. This is not applicable in your case.

Also, waite for fed86 feedback, he will soon be giving you input.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by N400filer2009:

Cancelled checks,
    Money and receipts,

Thank you very much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello N400

welcome to the forum

These questions are not applicable to you. These questions are to check that a person applying for citizenship is current in alimony or child support payments. If they are not current , or have been delinquent in the past, it is reason for uscis to deny citizenship.

As you have been told, just include your wife and child and the documentation .. marriage certificate and birth certificate.

Once you receive citizenship , you will be petitioning for them.. correct&gt;