50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: -751 Denied

I just received a letter from the USCIS stating that my I-751 is denied and the conditional residence status is concurrently terminated. The reason is because I did not have divorce papers- which I know I'm stupid for not filing them yet but will be doing them this week. The letter notes that a Notice to Appear before an Immigration Judge will be issued and forwarded to me.

I had a lawyer help me with paperwork when I got married but was not able to afford him to help me file for this petition that was denied. I hate myself for doing it on my own since it looks like I messed it up.

I called him yesterday to let him know the decision and he said that I needed to hire him if I want to stay in the country. Can you please advise on what next steps should be for me to do? What forms? Should I just hire him again? I spent $5000 before and he is requesting a retainer agreement of up to $10K if we go to court. Also, according to the letter, sounds like I can no longer work effective immidiately. Can I still go to work until my employers get some notice? And can i work during the time that I wait for this NOA and when i request for a continuance of removal proceedings? I need to be able to work, please please help me!

I just received a letter from the USCIS stating that my I-751 is denied and the conditional residence status is concurrently terminated. The reason is because I did not have divorce papers- which I know I'm stupid for not filing them yet but will be doing them this week. The letter notes that a Notice to Appear before an Immigration Judge will be issued and forwarded to me.

I had a lawyer help me with paperwork when I got married but was not able to afford him to help me file for this petition that was denied. I hate myself for doing it on my own since it looks like I messed it up.

I called him yesterday to let him know the decision and he said that I needed to hire him if I want to stay in the country. Can you please advise on what next steps should be for me to do? What forms? Should I just hire him again? I spent $5000 before and he is requesting a retainer agreement of up to $10K if we go to court. Also, according to the letter, sounds like I can no longer work effective immidiately. Can I still go to work until my employers get some notice? And can i work during the time that I wait for this NOA and when i request for a continuance of removal proceedings? I need to be able to work, please please help me!

Hi Jewels and welcome,

Take a look at this thread:

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/for...41/m/70410852641/p/2

It is about a situation similar to yours and the poster refiled his I-751 and ultimately got approved. Your mistake was filing the petition without proof of your divorce. Try refiling. Lots of luck to you.

Too late to refile. You are already in proceedings. To refile, you must do that before your file was forwarded to the immigration court.

So there is nothing I can do at this point other than hire the lawyer? What is the point of hiring him then?

I read the other posting http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/...0410852641/p/2 (THANK YOU ProudUSC) and if I'm digesting it right, sounds like he was able to file it again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jewels223:
    So there is nothing I can do at this point other than hire the lawyer? What is the point of hiring him then?

I read the other posting http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/...0410852641/p/2 (THANK YOU ProudUSC) and if I'm digesting it right, sounds like he was able to file it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The situation sounded very similar to yours, Jewels. However, I'm not a lawyer - just someone who trys to help out here and there. Could you consult with another attorney (just pay a consultation rate) to see which way you should go? It would be devasting to hand over another $10,000 only to have your case denied again.

Show the divorce papers to the judge when you have your hearing along with all your other I-751 application evidence. You might be able to get him or her to cancel your removal and get your 10yr PR card. A lawyer would be helpful in your situation.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jewels223:
    So there is nothing I can do at this point other than hire the lawyer? What is the point of hiring him then? . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Lawyers are the champions of freedom and the safeguards of liberty. It is your civic duty !

How could anyone in this situation leave out divorce decree?????

Proof! Paperwork! All, All, All, ALWAYS! It is your life you are fighting for!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y