50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: AOS..where to file? oklahoma or boston

I will be marrying my fiance next week in oklahoma. I live in boston. She lives in oklahoma with her parents. She is studing these days and will complete university after 2-3 months. After marriage, i will be living with her family for 2 weeks and will come back to boston and then she will join me after finishing her college. Now, the question is should i file for my AOS in oklahoma or in boston. If i file in OK i will have to file for change of address when she moves with me to boston. Would it be ok for me file in boston after i return to boston. Her father is going to be the joint sponsor whose address would be in OKlahoma. I m very much confused. Hope my question is not confusing..I m on B2 if that helps.

I will be marrying my fiance next week in oklahoma. I live in boston. She lives in oklahoma with her parents. She is studing these days and will complete university after 2-3 months. After marriage, i will be living with her family for 2 weeks and will come back to boston and then she will join me after finishing her college. Now, the question is should i file for my AOS in oklahoma or in boston. If i file in OK i will have to file for change of address when she moves with me to boston. Would it be ok for me file in boston after i return to boston. Her father is going to be the joint sponsor whose address would be in OKlahoma. I m very much confused. Hope my question is not confusing..I m on B2 if that helps.

Boston address. Its your present address and your future address as well.

But if i file for I-485,I-130 etc when i return to boston after the wedding..can i go to the boston office and file it all by myself?Isnt it required that my wife(she will file my I-130) accompany me when me walkin to boston INS office to file the application?

I don't think boston office will accept walkin applications, you would need to mail everything - which i think goes through NBC - previously Missouri service center.

It is often preferable in terms of application processing times to file joint I-130 and I-485 applications at the local U.S.C.I.S. office and not at a service center.

Normally, these days, the locally-filed applications are subsequently forwarded on to the National Benefits Center in Missouri for processing.

Your spouse should file for you at the local office in Oklahoma. She does not need to do so in person.

If she files by mail or by a private carrier, she should make sure that there is some receipt to show that the application did in fact reach the office. In addition, to speed processing upon arrival, on the outside of the envelope, she should write: "I-130/I-485."

For some free, general information on the adjustment of status process, please see: http://www.us-immigration-visas.com