50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Priority date in Sept2007 vs in Aug2007

Two nights ago, I checked the priority date in August2007 was O1Nov1996. Last night, I checked the priority date in September2007 was 01Mar1997. (It publiced on ILW.com.)

My petitional cases'(F4) priority date was 19May1997.

I have submitted my request and tried to get some sense about timing issue to a handful of law firms and to ILW, but no answer yet. I have already paid all the visa fees for I864 and DS230.

If my priority date will be within the next six months, or even shorter, then I will ask my bother not to come to visit me in October, 2007; just wait for next year. But, I don't have knowledge to know when to change his airline ticket's date to which month in 2008. I need to changeit it very soon.

Can someone give me some help on this issue? If I submit all the necessary info/data/forms to NVC and get it pass to the local consulte for an interview, what can be the longest time/months for him to come to the state next year?

I called NVC tonight, I got an upsetting news, the person said No idea, it maybe another year, also he does not know if the priorty date in Sept2007 is correct, he is still working on August 2007.

Thanks.

Txlady

Two nights ago, I checked the priority date in August2007 was O1Nov1996. Last night, I checked the priority date in September2007 was 01Mar1997. (It publiced on ILW.com.)

My petitional cases'(F4) priority date was 19May1997.

I have submitted my request and tried to get some sense about timing issue to a handful of law firms and to ILW, but no answer yet. I have already paid all the visa fees for I864 and DS230.

If my priority date will be within the next six months, or even shorter, then I will ask my bother not to come to visit me in October, 2007; just wait for next year. But, I don't have knowledge to know when to change his airline ticket's date to which month in 2008. I need to changeit it very soon.

Can someone give me some help on this issue? If I submit all the necessary info/data/forms to NVC and get it pass to the local consulte for an interview, what can be the longest time/months for him to come to the state next year?

I called NVC tonight, I got an upsetting news, the person said No idea, it maybe another year, also he does not know if the priorty date in Sept2007 is correct, he is still working on August 2007.

Thanks.

Txlady

With 65,000 annual cap, the brother/sister of adult citizen petition has the lowest priority among the family preferences. The problem here is that (just like the other categories) the allocation is constant, but the utilization is not. So visa bulletins can move forward or backward from time to time. If a DOS insider can't predict when a two-month timeline will become current down the road, who else can? Being so, making a concrete travel schedule as early as now (i.e. airline ticket re-booking) is simply that - a guessing game.