50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: two alien numbers for the same alien

is anybody familiar with the issue of an immigrant having been assigned two alien numbers? My parents filed for me approximately 5 years ago, and I was assigned one alien number. However, that application was denied and I filed for AOS through marriage to an american citizen. I was given another alien number this second time I applied. And as my case was pending, I applied for i-765 but my application was denied based on the initially filed I-485 by my parents. Me and my wife had our first interview in June last year in Garden City, NY, and because we missed an affidavit of support, we were told that we would be rescheduled. We never heared anything from them to this day. Does it sound normal or familiar to anybody? How long should it take for the second interview to come? What steps can I take to clarify this situation with the USCIS? Can the alien number situation cause delays? Thank you

is anybody familiar with the issue of an immigrant having been assigned two alien numbers? My parents filed for me approximately 5 years ago, and I was assigned one alien number. However, that application was denied and I filed for AOS through marriage to an american citizen. I was given another alien number this second time I applied. And as my case was pending, I applied for i-765 but my application was denied based on the initially filed I-485 by my parents. Me and my wife had our first interview in June last year in Garden City, NY, and because we missed an affidavit of support, we were told that we would be rescheduled. We never heared anything from them to this day. Does it sound normal or familiar to anybody? How long should it take for the second interview to come? What steps can I take to clarify this situation with the USCIS? Can the alien number situation cause delays? Thank you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shu_Rsd:
    is anybody familiar with the issue of an immigrant having been assigned two alien numbers? My parents filed for me approximately 5 years ago, and I was assigned one alien number. However, that application was denied and I filed for AOS through marriage to an american citizen. I was given another alien number this second time I applied. And as my case was pending, I applied for i-765 but my application was denied based on the initially filed I-485 by my parents. Me and my wife had our first interview in June last year in Garden City, NY, and because we missed an affidavit of support, we were told that we would be rescheduled. We never heared anything from them to this day. Does it sound normal or familiar to anybody? How long should it take for the second interview to come? What steps can I take to clarify this situation with the USCIS? Can the alien number situation cause delays? Thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It could be when the application from your parents was denied, the alien registration number was retired. When you filed for the I-485 based on marriage, a new alien number was given, assuming you did not put the old alien registration when asked for it.

However, when you filed the I-485 based on marriage, did you provide the old alien registration number?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Hi. I'm having the same problem. I applied for AOS thru my parents. Before I did that, my mom had applied for asylum. They assigned us an A# but that case was closed because my mom became a permanent resident. When my I-130 was appoved, they assigned me a different A#. When I went to the interview, the officer told me that I had two different A#'s and that she needed to get those files and put them with the new AOS file. My interview was June 12th and I'm still waiting. I'm not sure how long it takes. During my interview, the agent left the office and I saw my whole file. The top sheet said that my security checks came back clear. At the end of the interview, she told me that my security checks hadn't cleared and that I needed to wait atleast 6 months before I could call and ask for information. Who knows if they already have the files and they're just sitting there collecting dust.

not to worry. your gc alien number will be permanent
    Mr. S MALI AOS marriage to usc 1/02 divorce usc 7/04 i-751 aprv 9/04 remarry 3/06 n-400 10/06 wife enter on f-1 5/07 nta 5/07 751 waiver 6/07 removal terminated 11/07 2nd n-400 12/07 gc revoked 1/08 natz interv 8/08 natz denied 9/08 n-336 denied 10/0