free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: N-400 and Background Check Pending

Hi,
    I volunteer my time in the Senior Day Care Facility and I was approached with the following question.
    The person had a green card for 5 years and applied for the citizenship with N-400 petition in November 2004. He was called for fingerprinting in beginning of 2005. In about 2 months, he was called for fingerprinting again, because the prints were not good.
    In August 2005 he was callled for the interview and passed it. After the interview, he received a paper (form XX) stating that his "Background check is pending". He was asked to bring the "Good conduct" letters from the police department to the CIS. He brought the letters and submitted them to a reception window in the CIS office in Newark, NJ. He also received a stamp "Documents submitted" on his original form XX (don't have the correct number now).
    It has been more than 5 months since he submitted the papers and he didn't receive any notification whatsoever from the CIS. He scheduled an appointment with the Newark office. The officer there didn't have any information. Letters to the Senator went unanswered (the senator was elected as governor).
    Can you recommend the steps to find out the status of the case, to make sure it is being processed and to get some confirmation that the additional paperwork was not lost?

Thank you,
    A

Hi,
    I volunteer my time in the Senior Day Care Facility and I was approached with the following question.
    The person had a green card for 5 years and applied for the citizenship with N-400 petition in November 2004. He was called for fingerprinting in beginning of 2005. In about 2 months, he was called for fingerprinting again, because the prints were not good.
    In August 2005 he was callled for the interview and passed it. After the interview, he received a paper (form XX) stating that his "Background check is pending". He was asked to bring the "Good conduct" letters from the police department to the CIS. He brought the letters and submitted them to a reception window in the CIS office in Newark, NJ. He also received a stamp "Documents submitted" on his original form XX (don't have the correct number now).
    It has been more than 5 months since he submitted the papers and he didn't receive any notification whatsoever from the CIS. He scheduled an appointment with the Newark office. The officer there didn't have any information. Letters to the Senator went unanswered (the senator was elected as governor).
    Can you recommend the steps to find out the status of the case, to make sure it is being processed and to get some confirmation that the additional paperwork was not lost?

Thank you,
    A