50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: URGENT!!! My husband has to go back to his birth country

We just got notice a week ago thatmy husband has to go back to his birth country.
    The situation... H e has been over here on a visa for 2 years this month, We have been married a year and half.Jan/01..We had applied to immigration, canada,where I live,3 months after we got married.
    The application for me to sponser him was accepted, and we had a interview, that was when he was declined, He has no criminal record ect which he brought over verification of such items ect.
    The interviewer, thought on her own behalf this marriage may have been for convienience,though before he came over I had met his family through a friend of his family in which I was interested in possible meeting,for potential marriage, though I could have declined..
    I had grown very close to his family esp his sister and mom, this was 3 months before he even came over,though we communicated through phone and letters. he came over in july2000 then we became interested, he had proposed to me the following dec/2000,we got married jan/01,he had also accepted my two children from previous,I feel there has been injustice done on all, emotionally, my children are older and they understand, whats happening, this has been very disturbing to us,breaking up the family after a year and a half,this does not make sence..
    Please could you give me some feedback,
    We are worried about the fact he has to go, but also the time, since we heard we have to start from scratch.which could be anywhere from 6 to 15 months, we hear.Also the fact if some of the process ,done through , of him being in middleeast, where he,s from is it the same as canada,s immigration?
    I was also wondering does the immigration make allowances based on how long youve been married,would the process be any shorter?
    Thankyou
    Wendy

We just got notice a week ago thatmy husband has to go back to his birth country.
    The situation... H e has been over here on a visa for 2 years this month, We have been married a year and half.Jan/01..We had applied to immigration, canada,where I live,3 months after we got married.
    The application for me to sponser him was accepted, and we had a interview, that was when he was declined, He has no criminal record ect which he brought over verification of such items ect.
    The interviewer, thought on her own behalf this marriage may have been for convienience,though before he came over I had met his family through a friend of his family in which I was interested in possible meeting,for potential marriage, though I could have declined..
    I had grown very close to his family esp his sister and mom, this was 3 months before he even came over,though we communicated through phone and letters. he came over in july2000 then we became interested, he had proposed to me the following dec/2000,we got married jan/01,he had also accepted my two children from previous,I feel there has been injustice done on all, emotionally, my children are older and they understand, whats happening, this has been very disturbing to us,breaking up the family after a year and a half,this does not make sence..
    Please could you give me some feedback,
    We are worried about the fact he has to go, but also the time, since we heard we have to start from scratch.which could be anywhere from 6 to 15 months, we hear.Also the fact if some of the process ,done through , of him being in middleeast, where he,s from is it the same as canada,s immigration?
    I was also wondering does the immigration make allowances based on how long youve been married,would the process be any shorter?
    Thankyou
    Wendy

You're in Canada is that right? I don't know how things work in Canada but I'm sure you can appeal. I would consult with an immigration lawyer and see what they can do for you.

test

this is my worst fear, and unfortunatly i have no answers for you, i do not believe immigration considers how long someone is married or even if they have children togeather in their decissions. i feel that i may be in the same situation as you, i just dont know when, we have been waiting years now to be ok or denied.

In USA when you get married you apply for green card first you get work permit & social security card I think it takes up tp 3 years to obtain a green card. However if you have too leave the usa prior to the 3 years you loose the green card.
    To leave the usa prior the 3 years you must obtain a parole letter from ins.
    If you dont the ins will not let you back in the usa until you start the immigration process all over again and that includes fingerprints from the country of your origin. I dont know about the Canadian immigration laws I hope they are not as strict as the USA immigration Laws. But find out if not dont leave Canada.
    Mr X

Wendy, if you think of it as your husband going off to war, or as your beloved child going off to college (even in another country), 15 months is not a terribly long time. People have always endured much longer periods away from each other and nothing horrifying happens. The INS knows this and expects people to be dignified about it, so that is why they don't always seem sympathetic.

Thankyou for all your responses,my husband did leave ,its been 4 months now ,I have started the process again.
    War bride, I understand what you have said, but its not necesarily the time as much as whether the fact of him being declined again ,since I hear its harder the second time..
    wendy

I understand. I don't know myself, but someone on this board needs to comment on how to show IN CANADA that your marriage was not a sham. Anyone out there!?