publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 with N-400 is it possible?

Guys,
    I have been married to my wondeful wife(U.S.C) for 3 years now and I'm getting ready to file to remove the condition on my G/C this coming March.
    My question to you smart guys is:Can I file for citizenship at the same time?If yes, should I send both applications in the same envelop to my Service Center(Nebraska)or separately?
    I'd appreciate your positive inputs and oh!!..I'm not planning on divorcing...so please spare me the BS.

Thanks guys.

Guys,
    I have been married to my wondeful wife(U.S.C) for 3 years now and I'm getting ready to file to remove the condition on my G/C this coming March.
    My question to you smart guys is:Can I file for citizenship at the same time?If yes, should I send both applications in the same envelop to my Service Center(Nebraska)or separately?
    I'd appreciate your positive inputs and oh!!..I'm not planning on divorcing...so please spare me the BS.

Thanks guys.

Must file I-751 within 90 days of second anniversary of grant of conditional residence.(Note that the date of your marriage is really irrelevant - its the date of adjustment that is the important part). For example, if you adjusted/got green card August 2002, you would have needed to file between May and August 2004.

You can file N-400 3 months before 3 year anniversary of adjustment of status/getting green card (again, NOT the date of your marriage) if adjustment was based on a US citizen.

So, there should be no reason that both applications would be filed at the same time. But the I-751 may still be pending when you file the N-400. They are processing I-751s faster now, but you can go ahead and file citizenship when you are able and the local office will adjudicate both.

Kate

Thanks for your input.It very nice of you to reply.