50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) humbles Hudson Institute dilettante over health care bankruptc

http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    'We should move towards that system...' He advocates destroying this country's founding principles to eliminate bankruptcies supposedly due to medical bills? To what degree they are has yet to be defined and quantified. Should it be a surprise with MN's track record electing politicians? Who was it they elected as governor? I detect some racial undertones in this interview. What say you?

Al, goofy faced Frankin, needs to rethink his TV personality. It's not about keeping an audience with shock value. Ahh well, the oath he took to protect and defend this country's constitution was just an afterthought to the ratings he'll get now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said was that "free healthcare = bancruptcy" is a hogwash and had hard data to support his view.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    'We should move towards that system...' He advocates destroying this country's founding principles to eliminate bankruptcies supposedly due to medical bills? To what degree they are has yet to be defined and quantified. Should it be a surprise with MN's track record electing politicians? Who was it they elected as governor? I detect some racial undertones in this interview. What say you?

Al, goofy faced Frankin, needs to rethink his TV personality. It's not about keeping an audience with shock value. Ahh well, the oath he took to protect and defend this country's constitution was just an afterthought to the ratings he'll get now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said was that "free healthcare = bancruptcy" is a hogwash and had hard data to support his view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really don't like that some people call it free health care. It's not free it's never been free. I'd rather you call it National Health Insurance.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:

What he said was that "free healthcare = bancruptcy" is a hogwash and had hard data to support his view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really don't like that some people call it free health care. It's not free it's never been free. I'd rather you call it National Health Insurance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call it what you want. It's free once you get sick.

Since i am not rich, and Republicans will make d.amn sure i never get rich here, this type of healthcare would work perfectly well for me and for the rest 80%+ of population whose yearly net income is not significantly greater than the cost of what you cynically call a "Cadillac" plan.

A Financial Horror Story by Arturo Meneses

It was a cold, clammy, rainy pitch dark night and I was extremely distressed-- well, not really it was a beautiful hot although rainy night in Florida but I was distressed.

My wife was in pain and it had been two days that the flashing pain on the upper left side of her face had started and thankfully was tolerable with over the counter medication.

But I was at the edge of desperation and so was she, particularly because as a former medical doctor I had an almost 100% certainty that it was trigeminal neuralgia.

Still my doubts abounded. What if it was a tumor or a vascular compression etc., etc. --- I would never forgive myself.

ezinearticles.com

Bottom line is the uninsured are subsidizing the insured. Spending a night in the ER can be $10k+
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Health care is very sore issue for me currently. Yes, Brittie, a night in the ER can go over $10K. My recent experience in the ER amounted to nearly $4K. I was never given a room. I was put in a bed in the hallway and charged for a room. Although in excruciating pain, I was never given medication until it was time to discharge me. I was there 3 1/2 hours and was very unhappy with my experience. I believe they charged me $5 for one Percocet. Funny, because I got a bottle with a quantity of 40 for $1.08 (generic), but think about it. They take such advantage of people who need immediate attention.

I pay upwards of $10K per year for health insurance to cover three of us. I may be close to finally recouping what will be paid this year, but there were years when no one needed to use much in the way of health insurance. And, I consider myself lucky I have coverage at all. There are people who can't pay $10K per year (and Verizon is supposedly paying half of our coverage). That would make it $20K per year!!! Ugh. How many middle class families can put out that much money for health care?

I haven't read much regarding the Health Care Reform, but I sure hope it addresses the serious flaws in our current system which allows the medical professionals to charge riduculous rates and the insurance companies are in bed with them allowing them to do so by charging astronomical fees for coverage.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
    How quickly things change on this board. Let's wait a little longer till the depression deepens and see how quickly Davdah will change his tune.
    I know what Obama had in mind with his "change" campaign, eh? All we've got now is HOPE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IP, many people who are independtly wealthy don't care about the little guys. In my heart, I believe Davdah doesn't fall in this category. He's a business owner and has to look out for what's best for him and his bottom line. But, he's not a cold, callous person like some others on this forum. He's more middle ground than he'll admit.

I know the ER costs well too Proudie. Last year 4 nights in hospital via the ER and the final bill was over $40k. I had to pay $5500 of it. At least I did have a room each time. Bad luck on the hallway thing. I'd push to reduce the bill if I were you. You didn't get what you paid for.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He's more middle ground than he'll admit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't show it though. That thick macho skin covers it well.