50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Aliens with Criminal Records Can't Come Back To USA???

Dear readers,

I have been a perm. resident alien since 1982.
    I have 2 felonies with several misd.

Recently my girlfriend in Iran was watching this program on TV and she heard that people who have a green-card and criminal history CAN leave the country BUT they CAN'T come back in. They will expire their green-card at the air port and send them back to where ever they have come from!!!
    She also stated that even with a little misd. they can send you back and expire your residency right there and right then.

My question is:

IS THIS HAPPEN TO BE TRUE???
    Is there a link that you could address me to go to so I could find out more information about this?

If you do know anything, please post and reply back to me.

Thank you very much.

Hi Erooni and welcome,

Click here for more information. From what I read, you could re-enter the country, but might be placed into removal proceedings thereafter. Good luck.

Anyone can come it, what is important what happens to you when you come back. In you case if you left the U.S. and returned, you would be arrested as a deportable alien, placed in removal proceedings, and eventually deported. You are a professional criminal and not allowed to live in the U.S. You are fortunate that ICE is incompetant and has not arrested you here.

WOW!!!!
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

Very useful information.
    Now what should I do?

Do you think a lawyer could so something or am I doomed?

Please let me know

Originally posted by erooni:
    WOW!!!!
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

Very useful information.
    Now what should I do?

Do you think a lawyer could so something or am I doomed?

Please let me know

Well 4 one , you need to get your act together and stop being criminal minded.

Yes, you could seek a lawyer and find out if there is anyway to reopen your cases to get a different outcome. This may help you to get a more clean record.

As you are now, do not even think about leaving the country and trying to re enter. Egads man, I cannot believe you are still here as lpr.

When is your 10 yrs card up for renewal?? You will most likely have problems at that time and can possibly lose your green card status.

How old are your felony charges and misdemeanor charges.. and what exactly were the charges back then

I have been clean for about 5 years.
    I stopped being a screw up long time ago.

My green card is perm because my sister was born here. I don't need to renew it.

My charges were what I told you...

oh, I mentioned my charges in a private msg.

Sorry

This is what I wrote to the other 2 members who were kind enough to reply back:

Thank you very much for the useful information and the link.

Now what should I do? Do you think getting a lawyer would help? Or am I doomed?

I have been here for more 25 years and my biggest crimes was possession of controlled subs. and the other one was for attemp. burg.
    Along with whole bunch of misd and domestic stuff.

Is there any way around this mess?

If you know anything, please let me know

Thank you,

a

What is a Level 12 support, I should had asked.
    What is it please.

Regardless, thank you for your posts.

Originally posted by erooni:
    I have been clean for about 5 years.
    I stopped being a screw up long time ago.

My green card is perm because my sister was born here. I don't need to renew it.

My charges were what I told you...

Your sister being born here has nothing to do with why you dont have to renew your card. It is because it was issued in 1982. These cards do not have an expiration date on them. Eventually uscis will make arrangements to have the card you have converted to 10 yr renewal. It is coming and then you may have a problem.

you did not tell me what the charges were for, only that they were felonies. You have been clean for 5 years, congratulations. The only thing that could help you for travel would be to acquire citizenship. You obviously have some issues with the felonies, but we need to know what they are for to determine if it is possible now after the five years.

Speak with an attorney, an experienced one that is both criminal and immigration attorney. Dont even think about getting one that does not have expertise in both of these areas.

Good luck