publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 California - Longer than 1 year.

Hi - We have heard nothing from California Service Center. We filed removal of conditions in June 2008. We went for infopass a couple of months ago, and they gave I-551 stamp for 1 year and said we would hear back in 60 - 90 days. After 90 days, they sent an appointment notice to get a second set of fingerprints (I got the first sent in September 2008). Its been 14 months since we filed. Many people are telling us that maybe we are being investigated, or followed around to see if we live together etc. and this is why it is taking so long. The time line in California is normally 6 months or less, so I dont understand the delay. Also, the case number in the second set of fingerprints appointment notice is different than the originally case number in the NOA1. Any thoughts or experiences from anyone out there about delays etc.? And what we can do? By the way, we wrote our congressman already.

Hi - We have heard nothing from California Service Center. We filed removal of conditions in June 2008. We went for infopass a couple of months ago, and they gave I-551 stamp for 1 year and said we would hear back in 60 - 90 days. After 90 days, they sent an appointment notice to get a second set of fingerprints (I got the first sent in September 2008). Its been 14 months since we filed. Many people are telling us that maybe we are being investigated, or followed around to see if we live together etc. and this is why it is taking so long. The time line in California is normally 6 months or less, so I dont understand the delay. Also, the case number in the second set of fingerprints appointment notice is different than the originally case number in the NOA1. Any thoughts or experiences from anyone out there about delays etc.? And what we can do? By the way, we wrote our congressman already.

call USCIS customer service and tell them to put in a status inquiry because your case is outside processing times. Or make an INFO PASS appt and do the same.

The I-751 got approved yesterday. We got an email since we had set up an account for them to email us their decision. It took 16 long months in the California Service Center. We were not called for an interview. I guess they took their sweet old time. Thanks to all who gave suggestions and ideas.
    Thank you Jesus!!

awesome! I guess there's hope for us then. We are still waiting. I filed our I-751 (for my spouse) in March 2009 (Vermont center). We received NOA advising of automatic one year extension (which I understand many others received as well), and biometric appt., which was completed in May 2009. So, less than a year has passed for us at this point, but sounds promising.

Hi Chila:

Congratulations.