50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-485 Denied from detroit office

My I 485 was denied from the detroit office after it was transfered from Nebraska service center . I was unable to find the reason for the denial in the letter that i recived from Det office .
    Can anyone tell me if i could apeal their decission and if i can apeal , will i be able to work during the apeal being pending .
    Please help

My I 485 was denied from the detroit office after it was transfered from Nebraska service center . I was unable to find the reason for the denial in the letter that i recived from Det office .
    Can anyone tell me if i could apeal their decission and if i can apeal , will i be able to work during the apeal being pending .
    Please help

RA:

I went through some of your historic posts. I am slightly unclear - did you enter on a family or work based visa?

I would wager your AOS was denied due to prior arrests, but you'll need to get that info from USCIS.
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks JermCool .
    It is denied on the basis of the prior arrest , but during my whole reasearch , i have found out that my arrests are neither inadmissable nor deportable . But in order to prove all that , I think i do need to apeal their decission , becoz I am not only sure but I do have all the proofs and evidences to support my belief .
    If you could please help me with my next step I would really and greatly appreciate it .
    thanks

My case was transfered from the Nebraska service center to detroit office . and my status in this country was always employment based .

You should be able to file an appeal, but I would strongly recommend you get an immigration attorney to help you with that.
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

I agree, you should hire an immigration attourney, or at least get that initial free consultation. I am not sure where you're located but it appears to me that you have to contact to Detroit Office -- check out the attourney list on Griswald Street, I have only good experience with them.

Your original post from 2006 RAS

"First , I was accused of domestic violence charges , I think it was MCL 750.812 ( I am not sure about this one ) in November 1999 with my female friend . This case was dismissed after completing a counseling session with the counselor in April 2000.
    Again, I was charged with Home Invasion at my female friend's house in March 2001, although I was living there at her house. The cops arrested me for home invasion, when the case went to the court; it was decreased to the amount of illegal entry (MCL 750.115) and Assault and battery (MCL 750.81). Both charges were dismissed after one year of non-reporting probation in April 2003.
    I got married in 2003 to my wife , she found out about my past, we had an argument, I was again charged with Domestic violence in October 2003. She called the cops on me, the cops came and I explained them that there is no violence involved and the cops left. After a month or so, I received a letter stating that I have an arrest warrant for domestic violence. I hired an attorney and he dismissed the case with no further consequences.
    my wife and I, again had a fight/argument over some issues on decemeber 20030, cops came and arrested me again for domestic violence (MCL 750.812). The prosecutor was extremely rigid, and told me, because of my history to attend 27 classes of domestic violence counseling. My attorney at time suggested me that this is the best for me, and I thought this is the best for me. I attended complete 27 classes of domestic violence counseling, and the case was dismissed.
    I have already spent thousands of dollars to attorney/s and immigration attorney/s , but still no answer to my problem . I have to asnwer to the RFE which was sent in regards to 485 employement based"

Hello Ras'
    i am quite surprised that you did not hire or consult a lawyer for your case based on the prior arrests and continued pattern of Domestic Violence. Continued pattern, regardless of the outcome, it appears to be a continued pattern. Continued patterns ARE a big deal.

Seek a good attorney.