Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I 130 question??

Hello everyone,

I have a question would like to know. Here is my situation, i came to US 2 years and 6 months ago, my mom responed me. I came back to my country 2 months ago to get married, so i have been married just couple months, my question is, can i file I130 form to respond my wife to come to US? Any problem when we have been married couple months? I thank alot to whom give me reply.
    Newbien.

Hello everyone,

I have a question would like to know. Here is my situation, i came to US 2 years and 6 months ago, my mom responed me. I came back to my country 2 months ago to get married, so i have been married just couple months, my question is, can i file I130 form to respond my wife to come to US? Any problem when we have been married couple months? I thank alot to whom give me reply.
    Newbien.

Answer the following questions:
    1) What does "... my mom responed me ... " mean? Are you saying that you came to the U.S. as a green card holder?
    2) What is your status now? Are you a USC or an LPR

You can file I-130 on the same day you got married or on any day thereafter.

If you are an LPR- you can file an I-130 at a USCIS Service Center. Your wife will get to come to the US in 5+ years.

If you are (or become) a US citizen- you can file an I-130 at a US Service Center. Your wife can wait for an immigrant visa, or you can "speed" the process by filing for the K3 visa. Minimum is about a year to bring your wife to the US. In some cases, the US Embassy in your wife's country will accept the I-130. By skipping the USCIS, this is by far the fastest route, but it may not be available in your area.

Hello,

Sorry i posted wrong, it is "my mom sponsored me to come to US". My mon is US citizen, my status is permanent resident.

You said "USC" amd "LPR", what are they? i don't know what they stand for. Would you tell me? Thanks alot.

USC = US citizen
    LPR = permanent resident.

You can file I-130 for your wife as soon as you get a marriage certificate, because you need to enclose a copy of it with the application.

You do realize that it will take you 5-6 years to get an immigrant visa for her. Before you file I-130 you may consider a student or a work visa for her, so she could be in the States in a legal non-immigrant status while she is waiting for her I-130 to be approved and a visa number.

Hell all,

it's me again. I wonder when i file I 130 for my wife, should i send original documetns (birth certificate, marriage certificate ..)or i should send copies? thanks alot for advices.

Yes, i know it takes really long for her to come to US. But I have no choice hihiii, 'cause i love her when i first met her in my country .
    thanks alot.

What a dumba$$! You never send an original document; send photocopies.

Thanks for all advices, i appreciate that alot.

David

Congratulations on your marriage. As Lucy suggested, why not have your wife apply for student f-1 or if she has degree already find her company to get H1b visa. This way she could be here with you while you are waiting to become a citizen.

Whatever you choose, best wishes to you. Am happy you found someone you really love when you met her, and I hope that will always be true, as it is hard road to be seperated like this.

Always send copies and hold on to the originals.

Be nice Michael.. He seems like good guy.