publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Will my spouse be conditional resident after 2 years of marriage.

Was little curious. Upon arrival at port of entry, they issue conditional residency to approved I-130 and visa. What if on the day of arrival, we have had already our second wedding anniversary. Will they issue her permanent residency or we need to file removal of conditions ?
    I know it is standard that they issue conditional residence. But as per visa category, it says, if your visa is approved before 2nd wedding anniversay, it will be CR1 and that is conditional resident.
    Who knows more about this guys ???Let me know, my wife will get her visa appointment very soon and this will make difference.

Thanks,
    Chris

Was little curious. Upon arrival at port of entry, they issue conditional residency to approved I-130 and visa. What if on the day of arrival, we have had already our second wedding anniversary. Will they issue her permanent residency or we need to file removal of conditions ?
    I know it is standard that they issue conditional residence. But as per visa category, it says, if your visa is approved before 2nd wedding anniversay, it will be CR1 and that is conditional resident.
    Who knows more about this guys ???Let me know, my wife will get her visa appointment very soon and this will make difference.

Thanks,
    Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chichi:
    What if on the day of arrival, we have had already our second wedding anniversary. Will they issue her permanent residency or we need to file removal of conditions ?
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If she receives CR-1 visa, but has been married more than 2 years at the time she becomes resident (the date she arrives in the US), she should be issued permanent GC (not conditional).

Thank you very much aneri.
    My wife will get visa interview appointment by January and our secocnd marriage anniversay is on February 11th. I am planning to bring her here after Feb 11th so that I don't have to go through condition removal procedure and all..

I also have one more question.
    I have kid who was borned week ago. I need to register his birth abroad at US COnsulate. The form says, I will have to be present there to do that. If I don't go there, do I have to file I-130 for him and if I do that will he be able to get visa with my wife or I will have to wait another six months for him.

Thanks once again for your help.

Chris