50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: INS Approval Notices

Does anybody have an idea how long it takes to get an approval notice from filed applications.

Thanks,
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

After you file an application you get a notice/letter with a receipt number, but you may not get the approval in the first year depending of your case.

don't believe in proccessing dates, every case is different and may require it's own time. Any way they do whatever they want, they made the rules.

Is there anything positive to report?

I have an I-130 (based on American borne citizen), I-485 and I-765 pending. I did receive the receipt notices.

What will be the next step? I figure it would be logical to approve the I-130 first because all is dependend on that, right?

How long does this normally take? Does anyone have any idea.

I can't renew my drivers license, which confines me to the house because I have to wait for an approval notice - makes me sick.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

take the bus or get a ride from somebody

I've been thinking about that, of course. However, public transportation in this country - if not in a big city such as New York, s.u.c.k.s big time!!

Which reminds me on Bush's State of the Union Address last year: ....America is addicted to oil, he said. Not a word about increasing funding for public transportation. Now that would really help people leave their cars at home.

Just my opinion!

I have an I-130 (based on American borne citizen), I-485 and I-765 pending. I did receive the receipt notices.

What will be the next step? I figure it would be logical to approve the I-130 first because all is dependend on that, right?

How long does this normally take? Does anyone have any idea.
    Nope, not really. The I-130 queue has the most serious backlog among the three. The I-765 has a 90-day adjudication clock from filing date which may or can be stopped, though, upon issuance of an RFE (failed biometrics, wrong photo, unclear photo ID, etc.). And even in some cases, the I-485 interview takes place before the I-30 approval. Logic eh?

One of the Members by the name of Dastur posted some concern about the letter received from the uscis about his I-130. what can you suggest in this type of case.
    Thanks.

any details?