publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Should this be an Immigration NEWS?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Five days after undergoing surgery to remove his gallbladder, Attorney General John Ashcroft was discharged from the hospital Sunday, the Justice Department said.

Ashcroft, 61, was discharged shortly after noon from George Washington University Hospital, where he was diagnosed with severe gallstone pancreatitis and operated upon.

"The attorney general and Mrs. Ashcroft thank the doctors, nurses and staff of the George Washington University Hospital for their excellent treatment and care," Justice Department spokesman Mark Corallo said in a written statement.

"The Ashcrofts are grateful for the many friends and well wishers who kept them in their thoughts and prayers during this illness. They would also like to thank people for respecting the attorney general's need for quiet rest as he continues to recover."

Deputy Attorney General James Comey will continue to run the department while Ashcroft recuperates, the Justice Department said.

Gallstone pancreatitis is a condition in which a gallstone blocks a duct of the pancreas, a gland that produces enzymes that aid in the digestion of food.

With the enzymes trapped inside the pancreas, the gland becomes inflamed, causing excruciating pain.

Bile -- produced in the liver -- is stored in the gallbladder and aids in the digestion of fats in the small intestine. Gallstones are composed of cholesterol and bile salts.

Dr. Bruce Abell, who performed the surgery Tuesday, said Ashcroft's surgery was performed as a preventive measure to reduce the risk of recurrent pancreatitis.

The surgeon said the procedure was done laparoscopically and that "everything went as planned".

Like all people who have had their gallbladders removed, Ashcroft will have to limit his intake of fatty foods, Abell said.

Ashcroft entered the hospital March 4 after complaining of abdominal pain.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Five days after undergoing surgery to remove his gallbladder, Attorney General John Ashcroft was discharged from the hospital Sunday, the Justice Department said.

Ashcroft, 61, was discharged shortly after noon from George Washington University Hospital, where he was diagnosed with severe gallstone pancreatitis and operated upon.

"The attorney general and Mrs. Ashcroft thank the doctors, nurses and staff of the George Washington University Hospital for their excellent treatment and care," Justice Department spokesman Mark Corallo said in a written statement.

"The Ashcrofts are grateful for the many friends and well wishers who kept them in their thoughts and prayers during this illness. They would also like to thank people for respecting the attorney general's need for quiet rest as he continues to recover."

Deputy Attorney General James Comey will continue to run the department while Ashcroft recuperates, the Justice Department said.

Gallstone pancreatitis is a condition in which a gallstone blocks a duct of the pancreas, a gland that produces enzymes that aid in the digestion of food.

With the enzymes trapped inside the pancreas, the gland becomes inflamed, causing excruciating pain.

Bile -- produced in the liver -- is stored in the gallbladder and aids in the digestion of fats in the small intestine. Gallstones are composed of cholesterol and bile salts.

Dr. Bruce Abell, who performed the surgery Tuesday, said Ashcroft's surgery was performed as a preventive measure to reduce the risk of recurrent pancreatitis.

The surgeon said the procedure was done laparoscopically and that "everything went as planned".

Like all people who have had their gallbladders removed, Ashcroft will have to limit his intake of fatty foods, Abell said.

Ashcroft entered the hospital March 4 after complaining of abdominal pain.

News for me! I can't eat fat? I LIVE on fat!

I had that thing yanked out 10 years ago.

Dr. Pasha, HELP!
    Sweet Madame Belu

I do not think it is that much of a news...
    Pretzel going in the wroing way = News!
    Planned surgery = So So.
    ...Mistake Recognized is half corrected ...

What if that was Bush - he would ask dad to continue his job.

So what is new here ? I don't understand what do u want to imply...? Its better to live with some restrictions rather than die with pancreatitis and other complications .... Reason for him to return to hospital could be anything as there are several post-operative complications ....

I just don't understand what's the conclusion of original post? Everything seems normal to me...