free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need you input - Please

I need your positive input and comments.

A few years ago I arrived as a foreign student. After 7 years, I completed both my BS and masters program and got married during my OPT. My marriage did not last long due to cultural and other differences and we got a divorce. We did not file any immigration documents.

7 months later, I met and married my husband - a navy officer and we filed the necessary immigration documents.

Once we arrived for our I485 interview, I was immediately taken to a separate room. My husband was interviewed and was asked to leave without me. I was placed in deportation removal and the explanation I was given was that people from my country have been involved in immigration fraud and 'we' were on a watch list.

My husband immediately hired a lawyer and we have been appealing the decision.

I have been to a master hearing. We refiled I130 and got it approved. We have refiled I485 and I recently got to do my fingerprints.

We have been waiting for several months and have not heard anything.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the next step? I was told we are waiting for a letter to complete my medical check up.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

thanks!

I need your positive input and comments.

A few years ago I arrived as a foreign student. After 7 years, I completed both my BS and masters program and got married during my OPT. My marriage did not last long due to cultural and other differences and we got a divorce. We did not file any immigration documents.

7 months later, I met and married my husband - a navy officer and we filed the necessary immigration documents.

Once we arrived for our I485 interview, I was immediately taken to a separate room. My husband was interviewed and was asked to leave without me. I was placed in deportation removal and the explanation I was given was that people from my country have been involved in immigration fraud and 'we' were on a watch list.

My husband immediately hired a lawyer and we have been appealing the decision.

I have been to a master hearing. We refiled I130 and got it approved. We have refiled I485 and I recently got to do my fingerprints.

We have been waiting for several months and have not heard anything.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the next step? I was told we are waiting for a letter to complete my medical check up.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

thanks!

Hi sbd's mom,

Welcome to ILW!

Sounds like you are well on your way to getting your green card. I'm not sure if anyone can tell you how long the process takes, but the fact that you were approved should be a good sign. Lots of luck to you!

The original i130 was denied. We had to refile all our documents and the 2nd time we were approved.

I interviewed in Baltimore. I am from a small
    African country.

Yes... the judge said the same thing...that I was from a country that's on the INS watch list.

I guess that must be what's holding things up ---

This is quite strange.

You should be placed on removal because of YOUR own actions, not because of some generic watch list or some blank allegations.

At the very least, they should afford you an opportunity to rebut the allegations before being thrown in removal proceedings.

Maybe there's something else to the story. Maybe it was because of the outcome of the interview.

But again, this is strange.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-

Someone12
    probably Nigeria...

when was the first interview?

I assume you will have another one for new I-485. So, look at the processing times for your local office.

Good news is that I-130 was approved.

I want to give you the best advice but am rather confused, so please allow me to ask.

From your first marriage you never filed any papers right?

This is the first time i have heard of them separating couples at the very begining. So, did they interview you both before they separated you?

By the way, what did y'all have as evidence to prove that the marriage is indeed bona fide?

Do you live together?

While you have an approved i 130, you still have to face the ij for an interview. you better have tons of evidence for that. the burden shifted to you to prove that the government is wrong and your marriage is bona fide. By the way they might even come out to your home to investigate.

The story about being from a small country does not make sense. While they might be a watch list, trust me no ij nor uscis employee is gonna tell you that is the reason you are being denied.

So, if I may be blunt for a second, take responsibility and don't try to blame mistakes made on your part on coming from a small African country. I have dealt with stories just like yours and yet these individuals were not from small countries.

Remember on this board you are invisible, so please be as truthful as you can if you expect good advice. We are here to try and help not to get into your business, oh, at least some of us are!!

Please give better details and good luck.