publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 Approval in little over a month!

Hi all,

Just a quick note to all - I am a USC who filed for my husband (VT Service Center) in mid-august. I just got confirmation today that his application was approved! Was that fast, or was that fast? Holy c r a p!

Just hang in there all! Stranger things have happened, you know?

Layla

Hi all,

Just a quick note to all - I am a USC who filed for my husband (VT Service Center) in mid-august. I just got confirmation today that his application was approved! Was that fast, or was that fast? Holy c r a p!

Just hang in there all! Stranger things have happened, you know?

Layla
    "I don't suffer from insanity! I enjoy every minute of it!"

Thats immediate relative... they have the priority over any other relatives.

Mo,

I know, but still that's awful quick. I know lots of people who are still waiting for approval in the same IR category, and they filed months ago. Guess I got lucky.

I don't believe it.
    Formerly Josephine Schmo

I beleive it. I've seen the same story on a couple of other websites. USCIS has really been kickin *** on the I130 immediate relatives!! Mine was sent from Nebraska to California and should be done in a couple of weeks!! My receipt date is August 16th!!

Unfortunately the rest of my husbands process will be out of Juarez as he entered w/o inspection 8 years ago and now we will have to be separated for 3-6 months.

Good luck to you!!

angie

Hey Angie
    I just wanted to know why your I130 was sent to California, is there a backlog in Nebraska? is it generally slower to get processed in Nebraska or what?

Angie,

Just hang in there. Just remember, waiting 3-6 months is a mere drop in the bucket when compared to 8 years of living without... Hope all works well for you and soon.

Layla

tkalush,

I sent in my I130 in August and got an RFE like two weeks later and sent it back. I noticed when I sent it back it was going to California instead of Nebraska where I originally sent it. Looking at my receipt notice from 08/16/04 it came from the California center.

I never got any notice saying "your case has been transferred" but from what I understand other centers are helping Nebraska out.

When I look at processing times for I130/spouse in Nebraska they are about a year out and California is doing them in 5-6 weeks so I guess I lucked out in that aspect.

One thing I don't know though is do I go by the receipt date of August 16, 2004 or the date they received my RFE which is September 16th?

Anyone know?

Yes, I know even a 6 month separation is nothing compared to the separations that some endure.

Thanks for your support!!

Angie