free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petition Form I-130 through Mother & Brother

In July 2007 my U.S Citizen brother petitioned me by filing form I-130 and in the same time my mother a green card holder petitioned me too, in September 2008 my mother became a U.S citizen then she upgrade my petition from green card to U.S citizen petitions her unmarried daughter.
    Last week I received an approval notice letter from National Benefits Center in Lee’s Summit, Missouri approving my petition through my brother and they say they’ll transfer my file to Department of State National Visa Center for further processing? How long it will take me to get my green card through my brother from now?
    My question how come I was approved through my brother so fast and still I did not get approved through my mother petition? It should be the other way around, anybody went through this scenario?
    Any explanation?

Thanks to all.

In July 2007 my U.S Citizen brother petitioned me by filing form I-130 and in the same time my mother a green card holder petitioned me too, in September 2008 my mother became a U.S citizen then she upgrade my petition from green card to U.S citizen petitions her unmarried daughter.
    Last week I received an approval notice letter from National Benefits Center in Lee’s Summit, Missouri approving my petition through my brother and they say they’ll transfer my file to Department of State National Visa Center for further processing? How long it will take me to get my green card through my brother from now?
    My question how come I was approved through my brother so fast and still I did not get approved through my mother petition? It should be the other way around, anybody went through this scenario?
    Any explanation?

Thanks to all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Depika:
    Any explanation?

Thanks to all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f4

green card through brother about 7- 12 years depending on what country you are from

Are you unmmarried under 21 or over 21?

Hi Deepika,
    They only approved the I-130. It will still be many years before you can apply for green-card through your brother.

Now, when you say your mother became a citizen and "upgraded" you, did she actually tell USCIS to upgrade? I ask because it is actually better and faster to get green card by staying as a daughter of a permanent resident rather than daughter of a us citizen.

I’m looking at California Service Center processing time it says:-
    U.S.Citizen filing for brother/sister now they are working on cases received on October 1999, The USCIS received my I-130 petition through my brother on July 2007 so how come they approved my I-130 so fast if they are working right now on cases or petition received in 1999?

Hi Deepika,
    The processing times are approximate. In some instances, they're still working on older cases where they have approved newer ones. There's no explanation it's just how USCIS works.

Just wondering- did your mom's I-130 get approved and did she actually tell USCIS to change your category?

Yes, my mom upgrade her petition to me, but even if she did not upgrade the USCIS will upgrade the petition automatically because when they check the A-number they will find she is a citizen then they will upgrade the petition, it happened to my older brother who’s my mom petitioned back in 2002 when he received the 1-130 approval it says on it U.S citizen petition son/daughter even through my mom never upgrade his petition from green card holder to U.S citizen.

Concerning which is faster here I checked the California Service Center and found this processing time:-
    1-U.S. Citizen filing for an unmarried son/daughter over 21……now processing November 2003
    2-Permanent Resident filling for an unmarried son/daughter over 21….now processing April 2002

And when I checked the Department of State processing time:-
    1-Unmarried son/daughter of Citizen…now processing January 2003
    2-Unmarried son/daughter of Permanent Resident.... now processing May 2001

So both in the service center and department of state processing time it’s faster for a citizen than being a green card holder.

The processing times you are referring to is how long they are taking to process I-130 petitions.

Did you check the visa bulletin? This bulletin tells you which approved I-130s they are processing for green cards:
    http://travel.state.gov/visa/f...n/bulletin_4539.html

Family 2B is sons and daughters of LPRs and F3 is sons and daughters of USC. F2B is better that F3. For your brother and yourself, you mother, once the I-130 is approved, can ask the National Benefits Center to keep you in the F2B category.

This is from Department of State bulletin processing time:-
    1-Unmarried son/daughter of Citizen…now processing January 2003
    2-Unmarried son/daughter of Permanent Resident.... now processing May 2001

You have received the approval letter from the USCIS, You should be able to appy for your Employment Authorization...in case you are in US...You can also file for I-485 and I485A..
    This is the very old case, and Mohan had already given you the idea If I am correct..