50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filling fee of css/lulac cases.?

Hello

initially my case was denied but now i got a letter from uscis that i can appeal against the previous decision.

my attorney told me that the filling fee is $545 but i just checked the uscis website and they have mention the fees is $1130.?

please help me to determine exact filling fee i will really appreciate it.
    thank you so much
    shan

Hello

initially my case was denied but now i got a letter from uscis that i can appeal against the previous decision.

my attorney told me that the filling fee is $545 but i just checked the uscis website and they have mention the fees is $1130.?

please help me to determine exact filling fee i will really appreciate it.
    thank you so much
    shan

USCIS fees have gone up since Nov 23rd, 2010. U need to file with new fee otherwise ur application will be rejected. That's wht happened in my case too last time, so therefore don't send with the old fee. Try to send it in the time frame given to u, don't take any chances. It would have been $ 545.00 if filed before nov 23rd. Good luck!!

pearl thank you so much
    you are always helpful i really appreciate it

I just findout about your case.
    You have 30 days to make the appeal.
    Good luck!!!
    I-694, Notice of Appeal of Decision Under Sections 245A or 210 of the Immigration and Nationality Act

Download Form I-694 (867KB PDF)
    Download Instructions for Form I-694 (130KB PDF)

Purpose of Form :
    To notify U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that an alien denied permanent residence, temporary residence or a waiver of grounds of excludability under the amnesty program provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA) is appealing the decision to the Director of USCIS.
    Number of Pages :
    Form 1; Instructions 3.
    Edition Date :
    11/23/10; (09/09/09; 08/21/08 also accepted)
    Where to File :
    Mail this form to the address given on the "Notice of Denial".

Filing Fee :
    $755
    Special Instructions :
    Note on Filing Fee:

This fee must be in the form of a cashier's check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security. No cash or personal checks will be accepted.

Shan/Pearl

I am also filling a same appeal for exact same reason as Shan. I am not sure how to write a brief to attach with the I-694. Could you please give me some guidance. i am also not sure what to write on I-694 under the column "In the Matter Off".

You have to hire a lawyer. Most of the Lulac cases are in the limbo for that reason...the ones who hire a lawyer are now citizens.

Question: When did you receive the letter? If the letter date is within 30 days you can send the appeal (I-694 with the money) and then you have 30 more days to do the brief.

Reply soon so You can get more answers!!!!

Thank you Bill for a good advice. I have one more question about a column on the I-694. what do I write under "In the Matter Of:" and under "Summarize the reason of this appeal" I can just write couple of sentences on why I think my appeal should be upheld ?

Oh forgot to tell you that I have to appeal by Dec 30th.

Alex446, noone on this board can tell u what to write on the appeal form. We all help each other just by giving some advices based mostly on our own experience. You do not have enough time to send ur appeal and God forbid if anything is wrong filled in,they will reject ur appeal. So, having said that u need to hire a professional lawyer who will not only help u in the appeal but will give u right advise too based on ur circumstances. If you loose this opportunity u will not be able to renew ur work permit for another year or so. I hope I made myself clear based on my experience and send ur appeal with the new filing fee (very Impt). Good luck and keep us posted.