50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Immigration Interview Help

Im having a I-485 interview with immigration end of november. But it says me and my wife need to have certain documents etc. under both our names. But since for almost everything you need either a social security or I.D. we cant seem to get anything under both our names.

What can we do?

Im having a I-485 interview with immigration end of november. But it says me and my wife need to have certain documents etc. under both our names. But since for almost everything you need either a social security or I.D. we cant seem to get anything under both our names.

What can we do?

Did she apply for work permit? If she has work permit she can use that to get a social security number. If not, you can get a tax i.d. number for her.

There are also other things you can do, such as putting her name in the lease (or deed), putting both of your names on utility bills, list her under your insurance (or vice versa), have third parties sign affidavits that you have a good faith marriage, photos, etc.
    Anita Shia, Esq. has been practicing immigration law for nearly 10 years and is an active member of AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association). Based in New York and New Jersey, she nevertheless represents clients from all over the U.S. and abr

Well she is the US Citizen in this case and im from the netherlands myself. So im the one thats going to be interviewed i applied for a work permit but i havent received anything about that yet.

Not true -- the officer may pose questions to both of you, since you both have to prove that your marriage is bona fide. What about photos, mail coming to your home for either/both of you, taxes . . .