free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NVC to embassy:how long?

Does anybody know how long does it take from the time the NVC says the file is complete till the time they forward it to the overseas post?

Does anybody know how long does it take from the time the NVC says the file is complete till the time they forward it to the overseas post?

I think it is gonna be a month or 2 that is what the center told me but i now a fiance visa case that took only 2 weeks .
    Please keep us updated of how long it is taking because my friend is waiting for the copletition letter from them.

NVC is a Branch of Department of State under visa office, they collect these data by priority dates within the chargeability and preference subdivisions during the first week of the month.
    Once your priority date become current before that time NVC forward your file to the Embassy, and it takes about 6 to 8 weeks time for your file to arrive at the US Embassy Visa Office/Consular Section.
    Mus: What are you waiting for?

Dear Mus,

Contact the Embassy via e-mail, look for their address online. Send them a message with the approved case number and request they update you on the status. I did this for my fiance' and after that the process began to move. I don't know if it makes a difference, but the Embassy responded to me right away and my fiance' said it was because I was USC. He had tired contacting them unsuccessfully.

Good luck!

The NVC says the file is complete and no more docs are required and that 'we would notify you when the file is sent to the post'.So I guess it should be 2-3 weeks before they forward the file to embassy.

NVC must be waiting for your priority date to become current.As soon as it become's current they will forward your file to US Embassy's Consular Section and at the same time they will inform you and the petitioner that they have send you file for action to Islamabad.

The case is long current,infact 3 years past the priority date.The NVC does not process the case until the case becomes current.

You said the case is long current, past 3 years the priority date. The NVC does not process the case until the case becomes current.
    When you know that NVC will not process until the case become current, then what information do you need?
    NVC only complete the documentation in US which you mail to them and all other process is completed at the Embassy.
    When your case is current for last three years, why don't you write to Embassy, in Pakistan.
    They can not hold the applicant for three years, you have some problem, contact the embassy.

Dastur,my dad became USC so with the new change of status my priority date went 3 years past the current date so I initiated the case with NVC.
    All the forms have been submitted including I-864,DS-230 and all fees have been paid and acknowledged by NVC.The current status is that NVC has finished reviewing all the documents and now they are supposed to transfer the electronic file to the embassy here which will schedule the inyterview in due course.Hope you now understand.