free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Unconditional visa

Hi there,
    I am a USA citizen. About 2 and half year ago I went to Pakistan to get married. We had a bad relationship to begin with. My husband really wanted to come to USA. I once wrote an email to Immigration to stop his visa application process, but he begged me and now I realize that I made a big mistake. Finally he just got to USA 3 weeks ago. Things stayed complicated between us. Since he came to the states after 2 and half years after the marriage and got an unconditional green card. If I file for divorce/annulment. Will he be deported from USA. Is there any law, which will help me to deport him back? And how long it takes to get divorce to the residence of Virginia? And what should I do when I dont want divorce but also want him send him back? Please help.

Hi there,
    I am a USA citizen. About 2 and half year ago I went to Pakistan to get married. We had a bad relationship to begin with. My husband really wanted to come to USA. I once wrote an email to Immigration to stop his visa application process, but he begged me and now I realize that I made a big mistake. Finally he just got to USA 3 weeks ago. Things stayed complicated between us. Since he came to the states after 2 and half years after the marriage and got an unconditional green card. If I file for divorce/annulment. Will he be deported from USA. Is there any law, which will help me to deport him back? And how long it takes to get divorce to the residence of Virginia? And what should I do when I dont want divorce but also want him send him back? Please help.

Dear Saira,

I'm confused, do you want a divorce or not? It sounds like your husband has a permanent resident card, which is good for 10-years. I don't think divorcing will get him deported. If the relationship is bad, just divorce him or try to get the marriage annuled. If he is out of your life, you may just have to accept the fact that he is in the USA. If you signed the affidavit of support you will still be financially responsible for him even after the divorce.

You should be able to find out the requirements for divorce in Virginia from google or ask.com

I am sorry to hear that the marriage didn't work out as you hoped. Sometimes we want something so bad that we ignore the warning signs. I'm not saying you did this, but rather referring to myself.

Michael
    Thank you so much for letting a terrorist into my country; it might be possible to get an annullment based on fraud and MAYBE USCIS will do something; but once these Habibs have the uncond green card, it is nearly impossible to lose. Go for the annullment and have it speciy FRAUD and send a letter to USCIS with the final decision and include his A # (VERY IMPORTANT). Try to sue for cash also for all your expenses.

There sure are a lot of recommendations being made to attempt to annul bad marriages, but let's bear in mind that annulment is a very specific action reserved to void marriages that are not legally based. It's not the appropraite action to end marriages that are just not turning out well, nor would most attempts to void failing marriages with an annulment be successful.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Michael, you said maybe USCI will dos something. What does USCIS stands for. Per bigdummy's as I have signed the affidavit of support I am financially responsible for him even after the divorce. Do you think it will be possible for me to sue him for the money I spent on him?

Any of you guys know if imigration would consider the notatrized letter which I sent to them to stop his case before he came to US could be any help at all to deport him?

hey saira ,**** off !!! get over it ..let him go on with his life and same with u .evil will come back to u ***** .!!!!!! let hi go and go on with your life and be happy .bye

he already has GC for ten years, you cannot deport him for the reason of divorce. Only deportation he can have involves crime , Two or more measdemenor can initiate deportation proceeding against him, but you are married more then two years, you cannot prove that marriage was enter to precure the immigration benifits.
    In USA minimum time of marriage time is two years in Immmigration books which is already achieved.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..