free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Now to answer Questios 26-27 Application Naturalization

I have to apply for Naturalization.
    I do not know how to answer to the Questions 26 and 27 in the Naturalization Application Form N-400?

26. Have you EVER been removed, excluded, or deported from the United States?

27. Have you EVER been ordered to be removed, excluded, or deported from the United States?

WHAT WAS MY CASE:
    On January 11, 1993 in Deportation proceeding under section 242 of the Immigration and
    Nationality Act Immigration Judge ANTHONY D. PETRONE /Office of The Immigration Judge
    in Chicago, Illinois/ decided :
    " ORDER : IT IS ORDERED that in lieu of an order of deportation the respondent be
    granted voluntary departure without expense to the Government on orbefore April 11, 1993..."

Nearly 2 weeks before April 11, 1993 I visited INS - Chicago District Office / 10 W.Jackson Chicago, IL 60604 / and presented to the immigration officer a documentation about my voluntary departure /air ticket, two pictures, passport and the decision of the immigration judge/.
    The immigration officer gave me a document which to be given to the U.S, Consulate abroad.

On April 5, 1993 I left USA.
    On April 7, 1993 I gave to U.S.Consulate abroad the document given to me by the immigration officer in INS - Chicago District Office /10W.Jackson Chicago, IL 60604/

On Feb. 1995 I got green card.

I have to apply for Naturalization.
    I do not know how to answer to the Questions 26 and 27 in the Naturalization Application Form N-400?

27. Have you EVER been ordered to be removed, excluded, or deported from the United States?

WHAT WAS MY CASE:
    On January 11, 1993 in Deportation proceeding under section 242 of the Immigration and
    Nationality Act Immigration Judge ANTHONY D. PETRONE /Office of The Immigration Judge
    in Chicago, Illinois/ decided :
    " ORDER : IT IS ORDERED that in lieu of an order of deportation the respondent be
    granted voluntary departure without expense to the Government on orbefore April 11, 1993..."

Nearly 2 weeks before April 11, 1993 I visited INS - Chicago District Office / 10 W.Jackson Chicago, IL 60604 / and presented to the immigration officer a documentation about my voluntary departure /air ticket, two pictures, passport and the decision of the immigration judge/.
    The immigration officer gave me a document which to be given to the U.S, Consulate abroad.

On April 5, 1993 I left USA.
    On April 7, 1993 I gave to U.S.Consulate abroad the document given to me by the immigration officer in INS - Chicago District Office /10W.Jackson Chicago, IL 60604/

On Feb. 1995 I got green card.

It amazes me at how stupid these grints can be. Read those questions again.

EVER means anytime in past. Answer YES to both questions and give explanations. they will bust your sorry a s s out for crime you committed in USA and got deported.

Respond to booob answer to my Question:

1. To the first Question: "Have you EVER been removed, excluded, or deported from the United States?"
    I have never been deported or exluded or removed fron US because the Judge gave me Voluntary departure and I left US voluntarily.
    The right answer to this questionis "NO"
    This is out of questions.

2. To the second Question: " Have you EVER been ordered to be removed, excluded, or deported from the United States?"
    If you read carefully the Jadge Anthony Petrony "ORDER" you will see that I have never been ordered to be removed or excluded.
    The Judge ordered: "IT IS ORDERED that in lieu of an order of deportation the respondent be granted voluntary departure...
    This order mean that I have never been also "ordered to be deported", because "in lieu of an order of deportation" I have been "granded voluntary departure" and I departed from the US within the time granted by the Judge.
    The right answer to this question is also "NO"

3. Finally I have never been committed crime in the US: I came to the US 1991, I have applied to Asylum, the INS office deny my asylum application and directed my asylum application to the Immigration Judge, who also deny my asylum application and ordered to me "Voluntary departure" "in lieu of an order of deportation".

4. My undestanding to the Answers to both Questions 26 and 27 in the Application for naturalization Form N-400 must be "NO"

Hi bobo, I would recommend to you to consult an attorney to answer those questions carefully. A "yes" to those two questions is not an automatic naturalization disqualifyer, but if you, for whatever reasons (see below) were supposed to state "yes", but did not, just this mere fact can be a justified ground for BCIS to deny your application.

I'm not sure what the legal implications of the fine wording of (voluntary) "departure" and "deportation" would be (grammatically it's the same in different tense applications)
    , but the statement that all of this was granted in lieu of an "removal order" is a plus for you especially since you did all your part in a very proper manner!

What was the basis of receiving the green card in 1995? If you received your LPR status with BCIS' full knowledge about your previous history, you should be fine for qualifcation purposes. If there are identitiy/misrep issues, this could be a major problem. Good luck!