free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Illegals rounded up

More than 100 employees at a large poultry processing plant in Butterfield were arrested Tuesday based on allegations they used stolen identities to work in the country illegally.

Armed U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents rounded up all employees during the morning shift Tuesday at George's Processing Inc. and checked them one by one.

Pete Baird, an ICE special agent from Kansas City, said plant employees are believed to have used stolen identities such as Missouri drivers licenses and Social Security numbers to gain employment at the plant.

"These worksite enforcement actions help reduce the job magnet that encourages aliens to enter the country illegally," Baird said. "This case is particularly troubling due to the existence of Social Security and identity fraud in addition to the numerous immigration-related violations."

He said no charges have been filed against the company but emphasized that the investigation will continue.

Authorities also were searching for vendors who may have sold the stolen IDs.

Most of the suspects were believed to be from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. They are being questioned in Springfield and then will be shipped to county jails in St. Louis, Kansas City and Wichita.

They are expected to have hearings before a federal immigration judge.

If they are charged and convicted of using false identities, the employees could serve jail time before being deported, Baird said.

Family members of those who were arrested in Tuesday's search can call ICE's toll-free family hotline for more information about the detention and removal process. That number is 866-341-3858.

During an afternoon press conference at the U.S. Attorney's Office in Springfield, Baird described how agents conducted the operation.

"We do have weapons in an operation like this," he said. "Officer safety is first. All of the employees were moved to a central place and processed one by one."

Asked whether the interviewing included white employees as well as Hispanic-looking ones, Baird said all employees were questioned.

"No violence was reported to me," he said. "But numerous people made it difficult for us to find them."

The poultry processing plant, located between Monett and Cassville in Barry County, has several hundred employees. It is one of several poultry plants owned by the company, headquartered in Springdale, Ark.

Company officials Tuesday didn't return calls for comment.

ICE spokesman Tim Counts said Tuesday's raid disrupted the plant's workday. He added that legal employees who missed several hours of work while being questioned would not be compensated by ICE for their lost pay.

He said employees would have to take up any pay issues with the company. Any employees who are released after additional questioning in Springfield would be driven back to the plant, he added.

Suspects will receive a medical screening from the U.S. Public Health Service and be questioned about the care of their children, who may be U.S. citizens.

Each suspect also was given a flier in English and Spanish with contact information for the Barry County Division of Family Services, which may assist them with child care issues.

The plant is the largest employer in the Butterfield area, according to city clerk Georgia Wenell.

While preparing a disaster management plan recently, she called the plant for details about its work force.

"They said they had 1,000 employees there," Wenell said.

About 100 government employees participated in Tuesday's investigation, including ICE and Social Security Administration Office agents, and members of the Missouri Highway Patrol, U.S. Marshal's Service's Fugitive Task Force and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

An ICE news release says, "The aliens were encountered when ICE and SSA-OIG agents executed two federal criminal search warrants."

Once again, we owe our thanks to the I.C.E. agents enforcing America's immigration laws. Deport all illegal aliens...they have disrespected America, and ignored our laws and sovereignty (in addition to stealing IDs and using fake documents).

Someone12
    but wait SunDevilUSA>...that ignorant t wat explora believes that every dirtbag in the world should be allowed to live and work (illegally) in the US...even if they want to practice medicine or dentistry without a license, that's OK by this dip$hit moron....however, those of us with IQs above 120 understand that American cannot and should not absorb 12M $hitheels....explora spends too much time with her vibrator instead of studying economics..

No she doesn't, S12. She's just trying to get under your skin and I think it's working!

Someone12
    she, like you, are just too ignornant for words...always dreaming up excuses as to why America should reward 12M illegals....isn't this the United States of America? Not the Disunited RAtholes of Mexico or Poland?
    American citizens have the RIGHT to be here, and the right to have their lives and economy not be disrupted nor stolen by a collection of law-breaking scumbags....but hey, as I have said before, go down to the nearest 7-11, round up a dozen illegals, take 'em into your house, let them use your car, eff your daughter, steal your job....show some courage of your alleged convictions.....but also as usual, you and other illegal alien supporters lack the courage of your misplaced convictions...

S12, Sicko, Mr. Doofus,
    Have you begged to get your job back at Swift? You know, the ones that American's will do?

And, find where I have stated otherwise, kind sir? You categorize my posts to be sympathetic to the illegals? Find one post where I've been sympathetic? You're on a rant and I don't deserve your vibrator replies. I'm a much better citizen than you can ever hope to be - S12! I'm sorry your life is so meaningless and bad to have left you in this state. But please give innocent people a break!

Originally posted by Someone12:
    she, like you, are just too ignornant for words...always dreaming up excuses as to why America should reward 12M illegals....isn't this the United States of America? Not the Disunited RAtholes of Mexico or Poland?
    American citizens have the RIGHT to be here, and the right to have their lives and economy not be disrupted nor stolen by a collection of law-breaking scumbags....but hey, as I have said before, go down to the nearest 7-11, round up a dozen illegals, take 'em into your house, let them use your car, eff your daughter, steal your job....show some courage of your alleged convictions.....but also as usual, you and other illegal alien supporters lack the courage of your misplaced convictions...
    Doofus, I told you before to meet us at the day center at 7:11 a.m. for coffee. And I'd buy! Since you forgot about this you don't deserve to be called Mr. Doofus. Oh yeah, did you send the $5 to Lulac?

Psst, Psst, Psst, Come out of your RAthole, doofus.

I´m back S12 come on you never told me your story, I wanna hear it.
    Come on share it moron, tell us about the intercourse you had with the illegal allien male and how much you love him now.