50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for green card through marriage thread(s)

Hello everyone,

I just joined the forum and am looking for previous threads which have discussed the application process for green card through marriage. I don't want to ask the same questions, which I'm sure others have asked before, so please point me towards those threads.
    Thanks greatly,
    Kaye

Hello everyone,

I just joined the forum and am looking for previous threads which have discussed the application process for green card through marriage. I don't want to ask the same questions, which I'm sure others have asked before, so please point me towards those threads.
    Thanks greatly,
    Kaye

Yes, we got married last month. My husband is a US citizen. I am on a student F1 visa with my OPT expiring mid July 2008.
    Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chitown:
    Yes, we got married last month. My husband is a US citizen. I am on a student F1 visa with my OPT expiring mid July 2008.
    Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How convenient just 3 months before the visa expiration you got married.
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whiteUSCNeedsHelp:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chitown:

How convenient just 3 months before the visa expiration you got married. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya and You know what, you can't do sh*t about it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Club27:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whiteUSCNeedsHelp:

How convenient just 3 months before the visa expiration you got married. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya and You know what, you can't do sh*t about it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the OP has guts to give me full name and address, I have guts to report it to ICE&gt;
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> How convenient just 3 months before the visa expiration you got married. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean by "how convenient"? This person wishes to adjust status to be with their spouse. Are you trying to say that you do not want a foreign national who is married to a U.S. citizen to adjust status?

If so, why?

Thanks to the kind and helpful people here. I appreciate your time to respond.

Not that I owe anybody any explanation but my husband and I dated for 5 years while I was in school and was traveling doing research for my doctoral dissertation. That individual who claims is not a racist is absolutely wrong in this case; nobody is trying to bypass the law in any way. What gets me is the fact that some people, without knowing anything about you and your situation, automatically assume you're a criminal and a fraud. It must be difficult to live with yourself not being able to trust anybody and thinking everybody is there to trick them and the system. Thank God for the other, friendly, helpful, polite, and minding their own business folks.

Many blessings,
    Kaye

Thanks to the kind and helpful people here. I appreciate your time to respond.

Not that I owe anybody any explanation but my husband and I dated for 5 years while I was in school and was traveling doing research for my doctoral dissertation. That individual who claims is not a racist is absolutely wrong in this case; nobody is trying to bypass the law in any way. What gets me is the fact that some people, without knowing anything about you and your situation, automatically assume you're a criminal and a fraud. It must be difficult to live with yourself not being able to trust anybody and thinking everybody is there to trick them and the system. Thank God for the other, friendly, helpful, polite, and minding their own business folks.

Many blessings,
    Kaye </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if you have been dating for 5-years, why did you wait to get married and then too within 3-months of visa expiry? Hhhmmmm....I smell marriage fraud in progress.

Hi Chitown

You can simply click his name and add to IGNORE
    list.

He's a troll.

An Internet troll is someone who intentionally posts controversial/contrary messages in an on-line community/on-line discussion forum with the SOLE intention of baiting users into an argumentative response. Their comments are often fueled by an alternative agenda (i.e., religious, political), are ridiculous, highly opinionated, or unsupported; their interest is primarily in "fighting". They often go from site to site. The term is derived from the fishing technique known as trolling.