50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: What will be my consequences for wanting to bring my Daughter to the States

I am a US citizen by naturalization and I have a daughter who resides in Nigeria with my parent. I am trying to bring her here soon. But I have a huge problem. When I came here on a fiancée visa with my ex, I never put my daughter name on any of the documents, because my parent didn’t want me to do that. I came to the States in 2005. When I applied for citizenship, her name was also not on any document either. I am trying to change everything because I have missed my first daughter so much, and I want her here. I really don't know what to do or how to go about it. I am thinking of filling I-130 with an explanation why her name was ommitted in the first place or why I didn't put her name on any of my documents. Please what do I do? I am planning on going to Nigeria next year and come back to start the paperwork. Where do I go from here? What is going to be my consequences when I file the I-130. Thank you guys

I am a US citizen by naturalization and I have a daughter who resides in Nigeria with my parent. I am trying to bring her here soon. But I have a huge problem. When I came here on a fiancée visa with my ex, I never put my daughter name on any of the documents, because my parent didn’t want me to do that. I came to the States in 2005. When I applied for citizenship, her name was also not on any document either. I am trying to change everything because I have missed my first daughter so much, and I want her here. I really don't know what to do or how to go about it. I am thinking of filling I-130 with an explanation why her name was ommitted in the first place or why I didn't put her name on any of my documents. Please what do I do? I am planning on going to Nigeria next year and come back to start the paperwork. Where do I go from here? What is going to be my consequences when I file the I-130. Thank you guys

Hi Doby,

As long as you can prove the relationship, there shouldn't be an issue filing the I-130 for your daughter; particularly now since you are a USC. Also, if her mom is in the picture, you'll need her approval as well.

Good luck!

Someone12
    The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Before you do anything, you should consult a reputable immigration attorney. You need to find out what, if any, ramifications you may face by lying on your immigration paperwork.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Someone12

What about your daughter's father? Were you married to him? Because if you were and you did not declare him either, then you could be in big trouble (bigamy?).

Otherwise, why didn't you listed your daughter? She could have come to the US with a visa. And don't tell me because you parents told you not to. You are an adult.

You can put children on an application for Fiance Visa as well as Citizenship application; however, is it a requirement or considered lying if you don't include them? I understand it is much easier to include them at the beginning of the process, but doesn't the OP, as a USC, have the right to petition for his or her daughter now? Perhaps the sponsor couldn't provide enough income on the Affadavit of Support to include the daughter?