50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Wanna go bak home

Hi, my father had applied and was granted asylum in 91. in 2004 my mom, brother and me came to pakistan, my father didnt and hasnt even yet he was the asylum applicant. we came due to my grandmother who fell very ill and eventually she passed away when we came here. we were informed that we couldnt go back because my brother and I were not old enough to have state id's so we couldnt have travel documents made and also didnt have enough time. but recently on the website ive seen some postings that when its life and death crisis asylee may travel just so its not multiple times and must have a real good reason. Its been about 5 years and now I hear this. Can we really go bak and be with my dad again? cause its impossible for him to come and also he's in process with his I-485. I wanna go back to my home. I saw my dad when I was 17 Im 22 today. Please help me....

Hi, my father had applied and was granted asylum in 91. in 2004 my mom, brother and me came to pakistan, my father didnt and hasnt even yet he was the asylum applicant. we came due to my grandmother who fell very ill and eventually she passed away when we came here. we were informed that we couldnt go back because my brother and I were not old enough to have state id's so we couldnt have travel documents made and also didnt have enough time. but recently on the website ive seen some postings that when its life and death crisis asylee may travel just so its not multiple times and must have a real good reason. Its been about 5 years and now I hear this. Can we really go bak and be with my dad again? cause its impossible for him to come and also he's in process with his I-485. I wanna go back to my home. I saw my dad when I was 17 Im 22 today. Please help me....

You can go back, but there will be consequences possibly including revocation of your asylum status.

Someone12
    One lie per customer.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mahama:
    Hi, my father had applied and was granted asylum in 91. in 2004 my mom, brother and me came to pakistan, my father didnt and hasnt even yet he was the asylum applicant. we came due to my grandmother who fell very ill and eventually she passed away when we came here. we were informed that we couldnt go back because my brother and I were not old enough to have state id's so we couldnt have travel documents made and also didnt have enough time. but recently on the website ive seen some postings that when its life and death crisis asylee may travel just so its not multiple times and must have a real good reason. Its been about 5 years and now I hear this. Can we really go bak and be with my dad again? cause its impossible for him to come and also he's in process with his I-485. I wanna go back to my home. I saw my dad when I was 17 Im 22 today. Please help me.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say your dad was granted asylum, but what about the rest of your family? I take it you lived for a period of time in the US? Your post is a bit confusing. If you were granted asylum status at any point and returned to the country for which asylum was granted, it will more than likely be a problem returning to the US.

I have put up post for advise or suggestions not for fingers pointed. Funerals dont take five years but if i wouldve known theres a way who would bother staying five years?? Possible

"Consequences of Returning to the Country of Claimed Persecution
    Section 208.8(b) of Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations provides that an asylum applicant who leaves the United States pursuant to advance parole and returns to the country of claimed persecution shall be presumed to have abandoned his or her asylum application, unless the applicant is able to establish compelling reasons for the return. Therefore, if an asylum applicant returns to his or her country of claimed persecution pursuant to advance parole, he or she should be prepared to explain the reason for the return."

"Chris Bentley, a spokesman in Washington for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, said people with asylum claims who return home for a family emergency have nothing to worry about. The warning is designed to catch those who abuse the system and return home frequently for reasons that may raise suspicions of fraud."

"We are not talking about people who are traveling out of the country to visit an ill or dying relative," Bentley told The Miami Herald on Friday. "What we're talking about here is an individual who travels back and forth multiple times. That person would be subject to these types of conditions."

A trip home under changed political conditions in that country also would not trigger scrutiny under the laws and regulations cited in the fact sheet, Bentley said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mahama:
    Hi, my father had applied and was granted asylum in 91. in 2004 my mom, brother and me came to pakistan, my father didnt and hasnt even yet he was the asylum applicant. we came due to my grandmother who fell very ill and eventually she passed away when we came here. we were informed that we couldnt go back because my brother and I were not old enough to have state id's so we couldnt have travel documents made and also didnt have enough time. but recently on the website ive seen some postings that when its life and death crisis asylee may travel just so its not multiple times and must have a real good reason. Its been about 5 years and now I hear this. Can we really go bak and be with my dad again? cause its impossible for him to come and also he's in process with his I-485. I wanna go back to my home. I saw my dad when I was 17 Im 22 today. Please help me.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going Home Is EASY!!!! Seeing My Dad There would be no question "REGARDLESS"!!! Everything else would come second and an Issue Afterwards!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

You got asylum in Pakistan and want to go back to America to see your dad?
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

To the Original Poster, once you are granted asylum in the US, you are not supposed to return to the country you fled. That needs to be understood. Asylum status means you basically can't return to your country for political, religious, or other reasons. Your family chose to return and stayed for what appears five years? So, why are you now considered an asylee? Just food for thought.

Anyway, I don't think your chances to come back to the US are good unless your dad gets his citizenship and refiles for you. Good luck.

What if he is Pakistani kamikaze?
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit