free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Question regarding F1

Hi All,

I am an LPR petitioned for my spouse in Nov 2001, I have been waiting for him to join me. But unfortunately it is taking too long. Can anybody advice me what are other ways of getting my spouse here? He has a multiple entry Business visa and he comes here once a year to visit us. I was thinking is it possible to apply for an F1 visa when he is here next time? Do you think he would get an approval from INS?

I spoke to some schools and I am waiting for them to send me the brochures. Please advice, me and my children are suffering a lot because of the separation.

Thanks,

Mandy

Hi All,

I am an LPR petitioned for my spouse in Nov 2001, I have been waiting for him to join me. But unfortunately it is taking too long. Can anybody advice me what are other ways of getting my spouse here? He has a multiple entry Business visa and he comes here once a year to visit us. I was thinking is it possible to apply for an F1 visa when he is here next time? Do you think he would get an approval from INS?

I spoke to some schools and I am waiting for them to send me the brochures. Please advice, me and my children are suffering a lot because of the separation.

Thanks,

Mandy

Sorry about your separation, but it will be diffucult if not impossible for your husband to get an F-1 visa or to change his B status to F-1 status, since he has shown intent to immigrate when you filed I-130 for him. In other words, F-1 is a non-immigrant visa and to get it you have to prove that your husband does not have intent to immigrate, which is difficult to do, since you applied for immigration.

Best of luck!

Hi Mandy - the fact that your husband already has a visa and can visit here - you should keep checking your case status online - and when you see that it is approved - he could take a trip here - and adjust his status at taht point

So technically you are in a better position than some of us - that visa which he has - is his ticket in some way - hopingit won't exprire anytime soon or before your case is approved.

I am thinking and hoping you might be getting your case processed sometime soon.

I don't know if there is any way he could qualify for an H1B- does he work in a spacialty occupation that would qualify? He could enter on that even though he intends to immigrate. Of course he couldn't get one until October.

You could apply for citizenship. That would eliminate the wait for a visa, and you may go to the head of the line-- but it will take time to get your citizenship.

If you applied before 2001- can he get a V visa?

I am surprised that he is not having problems entering on the B-1. He may find that one day they inspect him and they will know about the I130- and they may not let him in.

Good luck!

Sorry- I just noticed that you filed in Nov. 2001- so NG on the V visa.

Have you thought about applying for your Natz?

Thanks all for your suggestions. I really appreciate the info you have provided me, it really helps.

I won't be eligible for citizenship until june 2005, so I still have a long wait. Also my husband won't be eligible for an H1B visa because he is not in the tech field.

Right now I am just waiting for some kind of bill to pass, like a family reunification bill, H.R. 3701, anything that helps us reunite. But hey, if his petition gets approved then the best bet is to apply for adjustment of status.
    Hope it happens soon, thanks for your support my friends. Please pray for me.

Good luck to all of you!