50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: help if possible

i wonder if anybody can me,i am a usc,my now husband came on i-94 vwpp,i begged him to stay,and we got married,we did not not know about all this visa stuff and reading some of these is it true that he cannot stay with me,how can they take my husband away,we have the forms but am afraid to send them for fear of losing him we are so distraught,we didnt realise we could not get married,is this true he will be deported. CAN ANYBODY HELP TO CLEAR THIS UP PLEASE UP WE ARE WORRIED SICK.
    THANK YOU

i wonder if anybody can me,i am a usc,my now husband came on i-94 vwpp,i begged him to stay,and we got married,we did not not know about all this visa stuff and reading some of these is it true that he cannot stay with me,how can they take my husband away,we have the forms but am afraid to send them for fear of losing him we are so distraught,we didnt realise we could not get married,is this true he will be deported. CAN ANYBODY HELP TO CLEAR THIS UP PLEASE UP WE ARE WORRIED SICK.
    THANK YOU

Dear Married - Have you filed any applications for your spouse's lawful status yet? Although INS does have the authority to summarily remove a VWP overstay, the immigration laws don't preclude the filing of applications to help your spouse obtain lawful status in the US. Consult an experienced immigration attorney to go over your complete immigration history, filing for status and procedure with you. Good luck - rrv

Rolando Rex Velasquez
    e/m: rvelasquez@srs-law.com
    web: www.srs-usvisa.com

YES you can adjust your status after coming in on a VWP! If you married a USC.

Your husband can stay! Just file the papers!
    I came on a VWP and like him, I couldn't leave again so we got married and filed the paperwork.
    The toughest thing is that if INS thinks that he came here knowing he was going to get married, then he may be in trouble.
    You don't need a lawyer but if it will make you feel better
    All overstay is "pardonned"

File the papers ASAP!

Good luck to you!

dont let him leave the US, i did the same i married an american on a vwp, and we left the us to go on honeymoon, now we are seperated, they would not allow me back, go and file adjustment of status, he cant leave to see family or anything till its completed, but believe me filing a couple of papers is nothing compared to the heartache we are enduring, we were seperated 1 week after we got married, and ive been in my home country 4 months now, they dont make it clear enough what u have to do on the website or on the phone, all i know to tell u is file the forms as soon as possible, and good luck for the future and god bless

awww dishaeartened, that's true, they don't make is clear. I'm sorry you are going through that
    Disheartened is right, don't let your husband leave. You can apply for advance parole once you file your papers but it's not a guarantee that you will be allowed back.
    The safest thing to do is to not leave until he gets his conditional green card.

Good luck to the both of you!

thank you everybody for your replys,do all papers have to be filed together i:e medical,affidavit of support,employment,biographic and adjustment of status,and how long will it take for is interview and green card to arrive,
    we didnt realise there was so much involved.do we have to get a lawyerbecause every thing costs so much and we are trying to keep the cost`s down.
    thank you all once again i am so thankfull to you all,any other advice will be really helpfull.
    thank all once again

Yes file everything together. He should get his temporary work permit in about 6 weeks max and then the interview a few months later.
    Then he'll get a conditional green card for 2 years and before that's up, you'll have to file again for the 10 year green card.

You don't need a lawyer but you have to be careful to fill everything out and not forget anything. Make sure you put N/A when it doesn't apply and sign the papers. It would be good to have other people read it over to make sure you did it right and filled all the blocks.
    Make sure you have all the documents you need attached. DONT send originals, photocopies are fine!
    I made a list of everything I needed to send off and checked it off and double checked before sending it.
    I photocopied my application before sending off for my records.

You want to make sure you get it right the first time around otherwise things will be complicated.