50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please help me.......

Our I-130 for my wife has been approved and I am working on the I-864 affidavid of support and hope she will get an interview with the consular in her country next few months but she called me today saying that she is pregnant! I am so happy, this is axactly what we been waiting for......
    What do I have to do? Please tel me if this will cause delay for my wife to get a visa?
    Do I have to tell the USCIS or anyone that my wife is pregnant?
    Do I have to submit more paper for the future baby?

Please help me.....thank you so much

Our I-130 for my wife has been approved and I am working on the I-864 affidavid of support and hope she will get an interview with the consular in her country next few months but she called me today saying that she is pregnant! I am so happy, this is axactly what we been waiting for......
    What do I have to do? Please tel me if this will cause delay for my wife to get a visa?
    Do I have to tell the USCIS or anyone that my wife is pregnant?
    Do I have to submit more paper for the future baby?

Please help me.....thank you so much

congrats

Are you US citizen? Is it likely that the baby will be born in your wife's country?
    You or your wife should call the embassy and learn about the procedure to report baby's birth to them and get him/her US citizenship.

Or maybe your wife will be able to come to the US and give birth here?

Has she had her medical for visa?

I don't think that you need to submit any additional papers or tell USCIS about the future addition to the family.

Anyway, it should not cause any delays with the visa process for your wife.

Hi Buddy ! I hate to break the news to you but if she is in another country and you are here and she is pregnant; there is no way that can be your baby. Unless you want to be raising sommeone elses baby, I would dump her !!!

Aneri,

My wife just found out that she is pregnant with my baby when I visited her in her country, I am a USC, our I-130 just got approved and NVC sent us the I-864 and she did not have medical for visa yet.
    Is my baby a US citizen? We have to contact the Embassy right?

You have to prove paternity and a relationhip with the baby.

But how to prove if the baby's still inside? My wife will have an interview with the embassy next few months...But I know for fact this is my baby

yes, your child will be US citizen. If born outside USA, register his/her birth with the US embassy.

In case where the parents are married, and husband's name is on the birth certificate, no additional evidence (DNA) is normaly required for a child to acquire citizenship through the father.

There some requirements for USC person to pass the citizenship to a child like number of years living in the USA (something like 5 after the age of 14 or similar). And maybe it would be a good idea to learn if the country where the child may be born has some requirements (not allowing dual citizenship..).

Any chance your wife arrives before the due date and give birth in the USA?

Yes, if everything is going as planned she will be here before the due date eventhough I am so worried about my I-864 affidavid of support which I might need a sponsor and I don't have anyone to turn into