50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Suspended Driver License

I made my Florida DL in 2000. I left it at a Bank, and never find it. I can't get duplicate because of 9/11 new rules. Since that time I was stopped twice. First time I was ordered to show my DL at a Court - I couldn't so they suspended it. Since that time I'm using my Intern. DL, but I was stopped second time.I have Court Date now. I took an attorney, I showed him all documents I have (245i). He is going to try to get my DL back, or at least take the suspension.
    Any experience with DMV Court?

I made my Florida DL in 2000. I left it at a Bank, and never find it. I can't get duplicate because of 9/11 new rules. Since that time I was stopped twice. First time I was ordered to show my DL at a Court - I couldn't so they suspended it. Since that time I'm using my Intern. DL, but I was stopped second time.I have Court Date now. I took an attorney, I showed him all documents I have (245i). He is going to try to get my DL back, or at least take the suspension.
    Any experience with DMV Court?

This is your second post on DRIVER LICENSE"
    What is your status in the US?
    You can not get the duplicate license because of 9/11, now you have admitted.

you were stoped twice:
    First time for what?
    you were asked to show DL at a COURT,
    Since you letf at Bank they have to suspend your DL because it was lost.
    Court had ordered suspension of your DL, for what ever is the charges against you.
    Once the DL is suspended by court who ordered the issuance of Interm DL.
    Court and the DMV has nothing to do with your Immigration papers they want to know are you legal or Illegal in the United States.
    What is your status.
    Where are you in Florida?
    I will check this out with the DMV this is incorrect information, never heard before about the Interm DL.
    When you move from one State to another they issue you a letter valid for one month only. This happened to my son when he moved from GA to Fl.

You can get duplicate licence as long as they are not suspended.
    I have lost my licence twice since 9/11 . I went to DMV with my passport and they gave me duplicate without any problem . Since your LD is already suspended plus you must go to court you might be in trouble if they finds out that you are out of status.

rida: Yes you are right if your DL is not suspended and you can proof your status, you will get the duplicate DL.
    If you are illegal how you can get the DL. No Way. due to New Laws.
    Once the Court has ordered the suspenstion of DL, No one can over ruled the Court Order, Court has to order for issuance of the DL or he will have to pay the fine to get DL Back.
    Provided you are in the legal status in the US.

Hej Adam I got my duplicate twice without any proof of my status.I showed only my passport. My visa is already expired in 2001. I`m still in process under 245i. As far as I know only if you your licence are suspended or if you making your DL for the first time then you must show proof of your legal status. Not only I got my duplicate but also renewed till 2009. I live in VA I`m not sure about other states.