50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: URGENT QUESTION . . PLEASE HELP

HI ME AND MY HUSBAND HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS BUT ONLY BEEN BEEN MARRIED A COUPLE MONTHS BUT WE HAVE TWO BABIES AND ONE ON THE WAY IM A CITIZEN BUT HES NOT HES BEEN HERE SINCE HE WAS A BABY AND I WANT TO FILE FOR HIM BUT I WAS TOLD THERE WERE CERTAIN CRIMES A PERSON COMMITS AND THEY ARENT ELIGIBLE FOR RESIDENCY LIKE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE WE HAD A PROBLEM ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO AND HE WENT IN FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND HE DID 1 MONTH IT WAS HIS FIRST OFFENSE AND HE WAS ONLY 17 YRS OLD HE HAS A CLEAN RECORD SINCE HE TURNED 18 WILL HIS JUVENILE RECORD AFFECT HIM IF WE TRY TO FILE?

HI ME AND MY HUSBAND HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS BUT ONLY BEEN BEEN MARRIED A COUPLE MONTHS BUT WE HAVE TWO BABIES AND ONE ON THE WAY IM A CITIZEN BUT HES NOT HES BEEN HERE SINCE HE WAS A BABY AND I WANT TO FILE FOR HIM BUT I WAS TOLD THERE WERE CERTAIN CRIMES A PERSON COMMITS AND THEY ARENT ELIGIBLE FOR RESIDENCY LIKE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE WE HAD A PROBLEM ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO AND HE WENT IN FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND HE DID 1 MONTH IT WAS HIS FIRST OFFENSE AND HE WAS ONLY 17 YRS OLD HE HAS A CLEAN RECORD SINCE HE TURNED 18 WILL HIS JUVENILE RECORD AFFECT HIM IF WE TRY TO FILE?

Hi NY

Is your husband the child of legal permanent residnts. Does he have a green card? or was your husband brought here to this country as a child without inspection or with a valid visa.(Snuck in by his parents or relative) These are the important questions first, to see if he is even eligible to adjust status before tackling the domestic violence issues.

HIS PARENTS BROUGHT HIM IN ILLEGALLY AND THEY DONT HAVE PAPERS EITHER. HE HAS A CLEAN RECORD SINCE HE TURNED 18 HIS BROTHER JUST GOT DEPORTED IN APRIL.

WHERE IS HE ??!!!
    I AM GOING TO EAT HIM FOR BREAKFAST !!!

Hi Ny

Just as I thought. the domestic violence is not the big issue at hand here. He cannot adjust status on US soil. He will have to return to his country of origin and adjust status there to be a legal permanent resident. He entered the us without inspection (EWI) .It is illegal for him to be here. the only thing you can do now is file an I-130 for him and wait for approval. This however will not adjust his status. You will have to file waiver for him and wait for processing from the home country. this will take sometime. You will also most likely need an immigration attorney to write and file the waiver. You can find more about the waivers by searching this forum under 212 & 601 waiver posts.

Also another forum. immigrate2us.net has a very large section on these waivers, where many have filed and been succesful on getting their spouses approved and returned for residents. check for poster gluburne. Her husband was just approved in the same type situation.

Best wishes

hey well thanx for the info but i actually talked to a lawyer finally i firgured whats the worst they can tell me right and she found out that about 10 years ago his dad had filed for him so that automatically proves he has tryed to gain citizenship before and it allows him to stay while we process the paper work with a fee she also told me that his juvenile records are sealed so if we do everything accurately he should get his residency in about 8 months!!! without having to leave im so happy and i hope and pray he will soon!