50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP...MY MOM MAY GET DEPORTED.... FOR A HORRIBLE REASON..

My mother has been in this country for 34 years now as a permenent resident (green card) just a few months ago she recieved a letter from immigration after filing for a renewal on her green card.. she has 3 attorneys right now... basically the story goes 24 years ago (14 years after already being in the country as a permanent resident) my mother and on of her divorced husbands got into a custody battle for my oldest brother. At one point his father told my mother that as far as he is concerned his son is dead to him.. so my mother moved away from her former husband.. a few months down the road he filed for what seems to be kidnapping/child abuse charges. My mother was forced to go on probation and took a plea bargain for no contest (which she was threatened with that if she didnt the concequences would be higher). As time goes on my mother won the custody of all 4 of her children from their fathers. Now immigration seems to be starting to form a case where my mother is a permenant resident who is a criminal (which is rediculous... all of us love our mother to death... even when we dont agree with her ) What I would like to know is what are her chances of staying here, and how could immigration not concider all factors involved...

My mother has been in this country for 34 years now as a permenent resident (green card) just a few months ago she recieved a letter from immigration after filing for a renewal on her green card.. she has 3 attorneys right now... basically the story goes 24 years ago (14 years after already being in the country as a permanent resident) my mother and on of her divorced husbands got into a custody battle for my oldest brother. At one point his father told my mother that as far as he is concerned his son is dead to him.. so my mother moved away from her former husband.. a few months down the road he filed for what seems to be kidnapping/child abuse charges. My mother was forced to go on probation and took a plea bargain for no contest (which she was threatened with that if she didnt the concequences would be higher). As time goes on my mother won the custody of all 4 of her children from their fathers. Now immigration seems to be starting to form a case where my mother is a permenant resident who is a criminal (which is rediculous... all of us love our mother to death... even when we dont agree with her ) What I would like to know is what are her chances of staying here, and how could immigration not concider all factors involved...

hey tp04,,sorry to hear this,,,but before i answer u let me ask u this plz,,how come she never filed for citizen if she's been a (PR) for the last 34 years?

I really dont know the answer to that.. I think that under the advice of attorneys she has been told for years to just to renew her green card due to the waits on naturalization... only now have they brought up naturalization to avoid dealing with that department of immigration

advise of attorney's to keep renew her green card for 34 years ???hmmm ..and u said attorney's,,so its not just one attorney,,thats weired

due to the waits on naturalization????????thats doesn't even make since,,,so what if she have to wait...i'll wait 16 months to process the n-400 instead of wait 34 years

I would rate the chances from slim to none.

what is it that would make her chances so slim???

she would get at least a 10 year bar I think