50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: css/life

One of my friend had his LIFE interview on June'2004 and CSS setellment interview on July'2005.His both case are marched together and pending.But suddenly last week he get another letter for INITIAL interview for I_485 in different office.Anybody have any idea why they are starting all over again.

One of my friend had his LIFE interview on June'2004 and CSS setellment interview on July'2005.His both case are marched together and pending.But suddenly last week he get another letter for INITIAL interview for I_485 in different office.Anybody have any idea why they are starting all over again.

Anybody have more than one case with USCIS will have only one file with CIS, all applications and documents will be in one folder only, but still they are two separate cases. When they approve one they will cancel the other.
    taxreg16 did the immigration letter states that the two cases merged together?
    What do you mean by another letter for INITIAL interview for I_485 in different office? Anybody
    Do you mean a second interview for LIFE Act? And what do you mean by another office? Did your friend moved? Always the person get interviews were where he lives!!!

The letter do not say that LIFE and CSS are merged, he was among the first to file new css settlement case and was interviewed shortly after two months of filing but not given a decision at the end of interview, rather they are asking him to reappear for initial interview at a different major office after six months. Since the filing of LIFE in 2001 he was interviewed three times already and asked for the fourth time as INITIAL interview. He did not move out of city or change his house. During his css settlement interview he was told they will combine his LIFE and CSS cases. His file was not present at the time of interview, basically they created a new file for him to interview him for new css settlement case and told him they need time to bring his file and will process his case thereafter. Accordingly CIS updated his case status upon receipt of his file and finally asked him to appear for initial interview. He has been asked to bring all documents normally as described in checklist. The checklist contains I-864, proper identification of persons of submitted affidavits also.

Now my question is how this case will be treated? Is it a LIFE case or new settelement CSS case. Apparently it says I-485 appearence, if denied will he lose CSS new settlement also?? Do you think I-864 is necessary to bring for long timers whereas they have their own W2s. A difficult task would be to find 20 years old colleagues who came forward to support us.

I don't think your friend needs to bring I-864 affidavit of support with him, W-2 or letter from his employer is enough or he can bring with him a bank statement. Remember if he lists his entire employment sine 1982 and he had good employment record then he does not have to bring none of the above.
    If the person brings with him a copy of ID of the person who signs his affidavit that they know him since 1982 that will make his case very strong for the CSS new settlement case. By the way what kind of documents he submitted to prove his illegal presence from 1982-88?

May I ask how your friend entered the U.S for the first time and second time and when?
    You said he got interview three times for LIFE Legalizations and this is his forth time, this is so strange I never heard anybody got interviewed for LIFE Act more than two times. May I ask what kind of question they ask him in these LIFE Act interviews?

First the USCIS will try to see if your friend case can be approved through LIFE Legalization I-485 if so then they will cancel his I-687 css/new settlement case. If they can't approve his Life I-485 case or if they deny it. Then they will see if they can process and approve his I-687 case. Remember if they deny his I-485 it will not affect his I-687 because they are two different settlements cases with a little deference in the regulation that's why some people not approved through Life Act but they got approved through the new settlement because the congress insert section 1104(c)(2)(B) in the LIFE act but not in the old or new css/lulac settlements.

TO taxreg16

May I ask how your friend entered the U.S for the first time and second time and when?
    You said he got interviewed three times for LIFE Legalizations and this is his forth time, this is so strange I never heard anybody got interviewed for LIFE Act more than two times. May I ask what kind of question they ask him in these LIFE Act interviews? Is there any issue not clear that's why they keep interview him?

Thanks

First entered in 81 and then 87.his wife with him here in 88/89 and then she left.Thier son born in 90 out of us. Thats the issue is not clear i think