50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Can I see senator in person

Can anyone advice me , how to get in touch with Michigan senator in person regarding my immigration. I have been waiting for last the three years to get green card. My wife is US citizen. She is in contact with Senator Office staff for the last two years but nothing happened. We would like see Senator in person and explain our situation may be his one phone call change our long waiting situation and give us mental relief but I don't know any lead how to get in touch with senator in person. Can anybody help me out? Thanks

Can anyone advice me , how to get in touch with Michigan senator in person regarding my immigration. I have been waiting for last the three years to get green card. My wife is US citizen. She is in contact with Senator Office staff for the last two years but nothing happened. We would like see Senator in person and explain our situation may be his one phone call change our long waiting situation and give us mental relief but I don't know any lead how to get in touch with senator in person. Can anybody help me out? Thanks

Someone12
    sorry idiot, but you don't have a senator in the US....can you vote legally? (no)...and no senator is going to want to hear whining from some clown in questionable legal status...

This seems very rediculous all this hoopla about you seeing a senator and that you were waiting for a greencard for 3 years. I am confused because in your many many other threads you said youo applied I-485 in april of this year. and for employment card which you seemed to receive in the acceptable timeframe for missouri service center. Your apps were scheduled in a reasonable timeframe. Yes it appears that you were rescheduled twice, but you have a new date for interview .. correct?

We are talking 6 months from 485 filing.. Where is this 2 and three years number coming from?

You can make an appointment to see senator , and a staff member will asssist you. it doesnt look like you are in need of congressional help just yet if it was april. show a little patience as you know the offices are backed up. use info passes and show respect for protocols .

I sure would like to know about this 2 or three year wait.

I filed my prevoius application in 2004 in Canada waiting for my I-30 approval. I did not here any thing from USCIS in two and half years. Being a Canadian citizen I came to USA this year on a vist with intentions to go back to Canada as I was working over there, but my wife forced me to stay here and not to go back as she was mentaly stressed out and it was effecting her health as she was waiting for more than 2 years for me to come to USA. So I decided to stay with my wife and refiled our whole process by staying in USA( filed I485.) For the last three years my wife is in touch with Senator staff but nothing happened. I do not have any new date of AOS interview and USCIS also put hold my AP. I got EAD after six months. I am having very tough time finding job because of this 6 months gap but I believe USCIS will not understand the situation we are passing through , thats why I wanted to see Senator in person so we can come out of this hardship and mental torture for no reason.I hope I gave you answer of your question.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    This seems very rediculous all this hoopla about you seeing a senator and that you were waiting for a greencard for 3 years. I am confused because in your many many other threads you said youo applied I-485 in april of this year. and for employment card which you seemed to receive in the acceptable timeframe for missouri service center. Your apps were scheduled in a reasonable timeframe. Yes it appears that you were rescheduled twice, but you have a new date for interview .. correct?

We are talking 6 months from 485 filing.. Where is this 2 and three years number coming from?

You can make an appointment to see senator , and a staff member will asssist you. it doesnt look like you are in need of congressional help just yet if it was april. show a little patience as you know the offices are backed up. use info passes and show respect for protocols .

I sure would like to know about this 2 or three year wait. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Someone

I see..

You married your wife in 2004 in Canada or in USA?

If canada, you should have filed K-3 package along with the I-130 not just the I=130.

Was wife US citizen or Legal perm resident in 2004?

Fortunately your interviews have been postponed b/c it appears that you have taken matters into your own hands... What did you tell the border agent as to why you were going to USA? Did you tell him you were going to visit your WIFE? (immigrant intent which is exactly what it has turned out to be) Hope you didnt lie to the border agent. If you did , you had best take yourself back home. You cant come here now circumventing the protocols.

If you were not married, came here for a visit and suddenly on the spur decided to get married here, then you could file the adj of status package with out goint home. But what you have described, is most likely going to result in a denial if you stay here to have the interview.

I strongly suggest that you seek the advice of an attorney, and not the senators office that you wish. You are very far off base here in this issue from my standpoint. trying to enlist the senators office. Congressional offices step in when a person is unusually long outside of the processing times in their district. Yours is not. You cannot count the 2004 time, as you didnt use the proper procedures that would have long by now adjusted your status.

AGAIN check with attorney.. It appears that you have circumvented the immigration process, and they may result in your DENIAL of adjustment of status!!

have your wife make an infopass appointment right after she seeks advice from a immigration attorney

Someone12
    call 1-800-ILLEGAL ALIEN...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    call 1-800-ILLEGAL ALIEN... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call 1-800-Mr.Doofus and hang up.