Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 years Green card

Hi;

I have 10 years Green card {I came on my father pition for me}its above to expire in one month i can't able to come in USA and renew i have personal problem i am in my country right now.If i let it go Green card because of personal reason.
    And i have my Daugher in USA
    she is citizen can she able to reply for me as pition Can you please suggest what can i do.

Hi;

I have 10 years Green card {I came on my father pition for me}its above to expire in one month i can't able to come in USA and renew i have personal problem i am in my country right now.If i let it go Green card because of personal reason.
    And i have my Daugher in USA
    she is citizen can she able to reply for me as pition Can you please suggest what can i do.

how long have u been out of the country for?

I been out of country almost 10months right now.Green card expries in in April for renewal i have to come to USA i can't able to come right now.So i have to let it go.There is situation i can't afford to come right now in USA thats why may be i can let it go. And my daghter can reply for pition its like Daghter calling father now it take that file to clear around 1 year right now after that i can come kind of new Green card i will get new SS# also.

Contact the nearest US consulate/embassy. They've procedure to assist you in renewing your GC in conjuction with USCIS.

i guess you don't have a re-entry permit?

If you "let it go",or abandon your residency, your daughter can always petition for you again.. you'll get a new GC but the SS# will be the same.

You may return to the US within 12 months (May 07?) even though your GC has expired. Expired GC does not mean expired status (which will be verified at the entry). However, because of long absence it may be determined that you abandoned your status...

After 12 months has passed since your last departure from the US, it would be a good idea to return the GC to the embassy.

Yes i don't have re-entry permit.Because when i came 2006 April i though i will come 2007 and renewal my GC.Because of problem i can't do anything thats why i wanted to discuss and see what's step i can take.I am planing to go in indian embassy in India and retrn this Green card.I am going to ask indian embasy if they can able to give me 10 years mutiple visa so i am not bound for GC.thats my first chioce if they don't give me visa then my daughter will reply again for me.When i go to embassy do i needs to them my daghter citizen she will reaply again for me anything.

So please give me suggestion

well..if you prefer to have a tourist visa for a while, maintain that story. You are giving up residency since you are not living in the US, and would like to be able to visit your daughter. If you add that she can any time petition for your immigrant visa, you give the embassy a good reason to deny tourist visa: immigrant intent

Hi;

Thanks for information Good you tell me aneri .
    Now another question i have my SS# i have bank account in USA should i closed my accounts.Becuase i don't know SS# going to be valid or not after that.

If my daghter file petion so i will get new green card as well as new ss#.Also one more thing do you suggest to get new passowrd for new file petion so old record doesn't show up anything.

Your SS# won't be affected by your change of immigration status. There's no need to petition for a new SS# when your daughter file your future GC.