50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An immigration attorney - can I do without?

Hello! My topic might sound ridiculous on a site dedicated to finding professional legal advice, but I would still like to post a question, if I may. I am considering filing for a green card (I'm on a P1 visa at the moment). My immigration attorney wants around $5,000.00 to prepare the case (employment-based, "alien of extraordinary ability") – besides government filing fees and doctor fees. I can't afford that, so I've been entertaining the notion of filing it on my own. All forms are downloadable from uscis.gov, the kind of materials she would need I'll have to collect by myself anyway... If I tried filing on my own, I would only pay the government fees. Not the same peace of mind, of course, but I just don't have $5,000.00... Also I could do it in stages – first I-140, then I-485, then I-765 or I-131... I guess the question becomes – if my application was to be denied, would that complicate my P1 extension of stay renewal next year (or visa issuance if I should leave the country)? Are there any additional resources to help me file on my own? Or any other, more affordable options of getting professional help? Thank you!

Hello! My topic might sound ridiculous on a site dedicated to finding professional legal advice, but I would still like to post a question, if I may. I am considering filing for a green card (I'm on a P1 visa at the moment). My immigration attorney wants around $5,000.00 to prepare the case (employment-based, "alien of extraordinary ability") – besides government filing fees and doctor fees. I can't afford that, so I've been entertaining the notion of filing it on my own. All forms are downloadable from uscis.gov, the kind of materials she would need I'll have to collect by myself anyway... If I tried filing on my own, I would only pay the government fees. Not the same peace of mind, of course, but I just don't have $5,000.00... Also I could do it in stages – first I-140, then I-485, then I-765 or I-131... I guess the question becomes – if my application was to be denied, would that complicate my P1 extension of stay renewal next year (or visa issuance if I should leave the country)? Are there any additional resources to help me file on my own? Or any other, more affordable options of getting professional help? Thank you!

Someone12
    first, if you cannot afford $5000, you must not be an alien of extraordinary whatever, so we'll assume that you and some dirtbag attorney are going to manufacture 'evidence' to make it look like you are. Then the folks at BCIS deny your application....then the attorney wants $5000 more to file a motion to reconsider....as you can see, only an ethically challenged immigration attorney (a requirement in order to become one) will take the case and the cash and make up a bunch of baloney.
    Sounds like you are a roadie or a gofer or some low level singer who thinks he/she is extraordinary.

Wow. Don't you have something to say. I'm surprised your reply hasn't been filtered out as offensive. Well, I suppose that a Grammy nomination and an episode of 60 Minutes about me don't make me the least bit extraordinary, whereas having a spare $5000 would... I'm sorry I've ever posted here.

Someone12
    so why don't you have 5 grand?

ANOTHER LYING FASCIST CAUGHT RED-HANDED !!!

EB1 procedures and forms should be simple enough to navigate through, but since yours is a case that also involves current status, it's always wise to consult an atorney to ask if there could be any impact. This would not necessarily require that you engage the attorney to file for you, but to ask the "what ifs".
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

WHAT KIND OD GRAMMY NOMINEE COMPLAINS OF NOT HAVING $5K TO FILE AN IMMIGRANT APPLICATION?

THESE ARE LYING FASCISTS, I TELL YOU !!!

I'm shocked that anyone would ask a question here at all after they've looked over the posts. Some of you are vicious unhappy people who need to find constructive things to do with yourselves. Don't you know what bitterness does to your health?

THIS FORUM IS ALL FASCIST DOMINATED !!!

FOR REAL IMMIGRATION INFO AND HELP VISIT:

WWW.IMMIGRATION.COM AND RESPECTIVE FORUM !!!

GOOD LUCK !!!