free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Re Entering USA with new SEVIS number

I have just finished my Master's in USA and now I have to join PhD in different University. My I20 is expired and I want to reenter USA with new SEVIS so that i coudlnt go through reinstatement process because it got expired because of my mistake. I have got new I20 from different university with New SEVIS number. I am not very sure what forms i have to fill up and whether I have to attend VISA interview again (my old university's visa is still valid for 3 years). The only thing I know is I have to pay SEVIS I-901 fee. I am not sure if I have to fill up I-539. I am here On F1 visa. It will be very helpful if some one describes me the process.

I have just finished my Master's in USA and now I have to join PhD in different University. My I20 is expired and I want to reenter USA with new SEVIS so that i coudlnt go through reinstatement process because it got expired because of my mistake. I have got new I20 from different university with New SEVIS number. I am not very sure what forms i have to fill up and whether I have to attend VISA interview again (my old university's visa is still valid for 3 years). The only thing I know is I have to pay SEVIS I-901 fee. I am not sure if I have to fill up I-539. I am here On F1 visa. It will be very helpful if some one describes me the process.

All aliens must be interviewed when applying for a visa. There is nothing else to do besides apply for the visa.

I already have visa but that is issued for different university.

do you hold a degree in English? just asking...

He's definitely bilingual. And yet his English proficiency is miles ahead than yours. And you claim to be patriotic, er, parrot-ic.

yeah, i have done masters in english. Sorry, my english is not very good.

F-1 visa has D/S (duration of status) validity. You can maintain it by staying enrolled. You said you finished your master's, have you applied for an OPT? Your I-20 'may not' be expired. The best thing to do is to sit in consultation with an immigration attorney to have a closer look into your documentation. Timelines are of a very critical essence in such cases as yours.

here's a question for you Renegade N. This Hindu admits to hold a Master's in English but...his English is not very good (???). What's your pinko explanation for this, apart that Masters degrees are given freely. Did you enjoy the peanuts I threw at you?

As I said, English isn't his mother tongue, and yet his English is sensible and technical. While you're here suggesting that it's the only language you've known since birth. He studied it, you were born with it (which I doubt). Objectively speaking, can you claim that your English is superior to his?